PDA

View Full Version : Water play

snufflepuff
14-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Just wondering- where do you do this? If it's too cold to do it outside I do it in my kitchen, but it's such a nightmare that I don't do it often which is a shame really.

Would you put children in the bath for water play? My son and mindee are both 2. I have swim nappies they can wear, I obviously wouldn't have them naked. I just think it would be safer than having them on a slippery kitchen floor.

Kes
14-03-2011, 10:37 AM
I bring the water table into the kitchen so it can easily be mopped.
I can't see any reason why you could'nt put them in the bath as long as you risk assess it. Maybe check with the parents as well to make sure that they don't mind.

mufftie
14-03-2011, 10:44 AM
if your bathroom is registered then i dont see why you couldnt do this , could be fun , but definately risk asses and inform parents as you dont want cross wires when they go home and say they were bathed today

manjay
14-03-2011, 12:07 PM
I do it in the kitchen most days. I have a large piece of non slip matting that I put down which works great. It has small holes in it so the water doesn't lie on top of it.

snufflepuff
14-03-2011, 12:46 PM
I'll have a word with Mum, I doubt she would mind, and I know the LOs would love it. I once bathed LO as their boiler was broken so they had no hot water so I doubt it would be an issue with Mum.

mama2three
14-03-2011, 12:51 PM
I have used the bath , especially in the winter - for ds and one mindee. I checked mum was happy with this first and they loved it.
I use underbed storage boxes for water play indoors but it does sometimes go beyond the matting / towels and i end up with slippy laminate. just a case of keeping an eye on them really. Today we have water , polystyrene icebergs , icecubes and polar animals .
( Think polysteyrene is a possible slapped wrist list item too!)

The Juggler
14-03-2011, 01:39 PM
i use a washing up bowl on a kitchen chair (just right height) in the kitchen. and put a large messy mat underneath with a towel on top to catch the puddles.

balijay
14-03-2011, 04:31 PM
I use a couple of large beach towels under my water table which I set up in the kitchen - the children love it!

mushpea
14-03-2011, 07:27 PM
I have to say I dont bother in the winter,, I know the children i have would make far too much mess if i did it inside so we tend to have different things in the messy play tray instead.

babs
14-03-2011, 07:38 PM
i dont do water play in winter in my house i take them to sure start so they do it there or play group as sure start go to pg and do activities with children there as well....