PDA

View Full Version : Are any of you doing anything for Red Nose Day?

Cazz
13-03-2011, 10:53 PM
I know I've left it a bit late but I sent off for the fundraising pack which has some lovely stickers and balloons in and I'm feeling guilty if I don't raise some money to send off.

On Friday I will have an almost 3 year old mindee, an almost 2 year old mindee, a 1 year old mindee and my own 3 year old dd. Plus a 5 year old mindee after school.

Has anyone got any suggestions what we could do that doesn't take a lot of preparation for parents and that they wouldn't mind donating some money for?

keeks
13-03-2011, 11:10 PM
We're dressing up and baking cakes all week to sell to parents for charity.

xx

lma
13-03-2011, 11:12 PM
As I generally don't work fridays to spend time with my daughter and catch up on paperwork I decided to try and raise money from parents and family the whole week as I tend to have different children each day and didn't want any of them to miss out. We have a lot planned this week as we're:
* red spaghett painting
*making red cookies or cakes depending on the day/children present
*red collages
*I have asked the parents to send their children wearing something red (even a pair of socks or bobble will do)
*making pizzas with red peppers and tomatos for lunch

Basically just going totally bonkers red this week. Mentioned it in my newsletter and the parents seem to all be really looking forward to it so I hope we all have fun this week.:laughing:

Cazz
13-03-2011, 11:15 PM
As I generally don't work fridays to spend time with my daughter and catch up on paperwork I decided to try and raise money from parents and family the whole week as I tend to have different children each day and didn't want any of them to miss out. We have a lot planned this week as we're:
* red spaghett painting
*making red cookies or cakes depending on the day/children present
*red collages
*I have asked the parents to send their children wearing something red (even a pair of socks or bobble will do)
*making pizzas with red peppers and tomatos for lunch

Basically just going totally bonkers red this week. Mentioned it in my newsletter and the parents seem to all be really looking forward to it so I hope we all have fun this week.:laughing:

Sounds great - I had thought of doing lots of red things this week. Will do my planning for that tomorrow :blush: but it's the actual raising money that I feel guilty about because I got such a lovely pack with freebies for the children!

I may go with the idea of making cookies or cakes and asking parents if they will donate some money in return for taking some home! Friday is the only day when I have all three sets of parents so hopefully I'll raise something!

The Juggler
14-03-2011, 07:24 AM
i'm doing stuff with the children but not trying to get parents to sponsor. have tried that before and failed miserably :(

I willl do some fun things with the kids then I will put a donation in on Friday night - seems a waste of the pack really but think can use next year and change the date!:laughing: :laughing:

we're going to have a made balloon, session, make red iced round biscuits, play with red play doh, paint red, read red books and older ones and me are going to watch videos of third world children going to school.:thumbsup:

Tink
14-03-2011, 07:32 AM
Me and my childminder friend are joining together at my house and were holding a "RED NOSE FUN DAY"
* Bouncy Castle
* Gruffalo themed activities
* Red toys to play with
* Painting, colouring, sticking
* Gruffalo DVD and story time with puppets
* Icing biscuits
* Gruffalo picnic with roasted fox sandwiches, owl ice cream, Gruffalo crumble and a Gruffalo cake etc

Think were in for a fun day:clapping:

Helen79
14-03-2011, 09:39 AM
We're wearing something red and making red nose cakes and having a gruffalo tea party.

I'm not expecting parents to donate any money though, I only have 2 mindees so wouldn't make much money from selling the cakes and their older siblings go to school so parents will have probably donated money elsewhere.
I was just going to make a donation from me and all the kids.

maryp0ppins
14-03-2011, 09:43 AM
I along with my childminder friend are having a Pajama party afternoon. We are cake decorating with the children (red icing :) ) and having other activities out, some of the parents are coming along too :thumbsup:

Although we haven't got huge sponsors but I suppose every little helps :blush:

AnnieM
14-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Me and my childminder friend are joining together at my house and were holding a "RED NOSE FUN DAY"
* Bouncy Castle
* Gruffalo themed activities
* Red toys to play with
* Painting, colouring, sticking
* Gruffalo DVD and story time with puppets
* Icing biscuits
* Gruffalo picnic with roasted fox sandwiches, owl ice cream, Gruffalo crumble and a Gruffalo cake etc

Think were in for a fun day:clapping:

Oooh, that sounds fantastic, can I come. :laughing:

I am not doing much as they are both afterschoolers, I will get red icing and some red sweets and they can decorate digestive biscuits, they only have half an hour before they go home, so not really time to do much more. :blush:

mrs robbie williams
14-03-2011, 11:24 AM
i also have the pack but had forgotten to arrange something :blush: im terrible at the moment, seem to have so much going on with my own children with exams etc., anyway after reading this thread am going to do a sponsored bounce (on the trampoline) and decorate biscuits with red icing and red sweets. Although will tell the parents what is going to happen I know the parents are donating via the school so i will just send off 10 pounds from us xx

The Juggler
14-03-2011, 01:41 PM
i'm doing stuff with the children but not trying to get parents to sponsor. have tried that before and failed miserably :(

I willl do some fun things with the kids then I will put a donation in on Friday night - seems a waste of the pack really but think can use next year and change the date!:laughing: :laughing:

we're going to have a made balloon, session, make red iced round biscuits, play with red play doh, paint red, read red books and older ones and me are going to watch videos of third world children going to school.:thumbsup:

meant to say too I'm doing mine tomorrow as I only have one mindee on Friday too.

Saturday I'm doing a Zumbathon for 3 hours which is for comic relief and cancer relief jointly. wish me luck with that. I may not be able to walk on Sunday :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Trouble
14-03-2011, 01:45 PM
we are doing 2 sponsored walks 1 was done this morning and yesterday

i made 4 sponge cakes and 48 cup cakes it took 7 hours to do but most are nearly gone now so i think i will be making more tonight !!!!:( might have to re think that one next year !!!

Cazz
14-03-2011, 02:39 PM
meant to say too I'm doing mine tomorrow as I only have one mindee on Friday too.

Saturday I'm doing a Zumbathon for 3 hours which is for comic relief and cancer relief jointly. wish me luck with that. I may not be able to walk on Sunday :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck but well done you :clapping:

My dd has been to pre-school this morning and they're selling cookies every day this week so I think it's likely that parents will be asked to dip their hand in their pocket at other places as some of you have mentioned.

I think I'll plan red and gruffalo activities for Friday and send a note home to parents telling them about it and drop in a mention that I'll be making a donation from Little Petals Childminding and any contributions would be gratefully received :thumbsup:

Katiekoo
14-03-2011, 02:46 PM
I don't like to ask parents for more money for things like this, so I'm donating an hours fees and we're just having a bit of a party :)

Blaze
14-03-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm donating £10 to comic relief - I donated £10 to the BHF last month & I will donate £10 to the meningitis trust next month.:thumbsup:

Dragonfly
14-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Joining up with other childminders doing a sponsored activity day( same as trouble lots of cakes to bake tomorrow and the rest of week) on weds and a sponsored nature walk Thursday, red playdoh, red nose themed craft etc:thumbsup:

Alibali
14-03-2011, 07:01 PM
We're doing Gruffalo stuff! Baking cakes and cookies, and having a Gruffalo party. We went to Waterstones today for a special Gruffalo even too, and met the Gruffalo in person:clapping: :clapping: The lo's were so excited:D ( and we went on the train too - all too exciting)

sandy64
15-03-2011, 01:11 PM
were doing ours thursday as i have 4 only 1 this friday ive given parents sponsor sheet and also drawn a large red nose on a a4 sheet and have given parents a choice evan fill circle with lose change or sponsor that way if there short of cash they can fill circle with anythink they can afford:) were wearing somethink red having a sponsored bounce on little trampoline, decoraing cakes,having red food i will read the gruffalo story put red nose on gruffalo, just looking for a craft if anyone any ideas please.
ive been printing and making buntings and paper chains this morn:)

samb
15-03-2011, 09:40 PM
I know what you mean about feeling guilty about the pack! I got it too and I only have 2 mindees - aged 13 and 27 months! I decided to do 2 "events". So on Monday I did an under 5s event and invited loads of people. There was my ds, 1 mindee and 3 guests - no one else showed up! We used the photocopiable activities in the pack, plus stick the nose on the Gruffalo, hunt the red nose in the ball pit, cake decorating (using cherries for nose), Gruffalo story time followed by a sticker scene - I photopied the wooded picture from inside the cover and the children stuck the animal stickers in. Oh and face painting. The people who came were very generous though and I made just under £10! On Friday I am having a fundraising tes party for my dd and 5 of her friends. I will be doing the activities that are more about the Ugandan boy and why we are raising money plus a few of the same games too plus serving up a "tea". I have suggested donations of £2 but all donations welcome. I have put the collection box near the door so people don't have to feel like they are being watched with how much they give! Then next week I will take the children to the bank to pay it in and give them all one of the certificates.

Hayley102
15-03-2011, 10:13 PM
What about doing a clown face with a red balloon for his nose?

Vickster
16-03-2011, 02:06 PM
I will just have after schoolers on Friday so I will make cakes (with red noses) with them. They are dressing up at school. also so we will enjoy that too

karensmart4
16-03-2011, 06:33 PM
We're doing a cake sale all week (have 19 children on the books so covering the full week) the parents we have at the moment are great and are supplying cakes as well as buying :clapping: :clapping:

I have made a large cake and decorated it as a clown, £1.00 a go at 'Guess the Name of the Clown' win the cake.

I have also devised a quiz £1.00 per returned form, bottle of wine or box of chocs for the winner.

We have hung our balloons up and are doing the activities in the pack that we received, and on Friday we are all wearing red.

Last year we all (including some parents) had a pj day, went for a walk to the park and had a picnic...... we had a nice photo and write up in the local paper :thumbsup: