PDA

View Full Version : school holiday care only

jellybean cc
13-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Hi every one i have had a mother email me who wants a childminder for a 6 year old during the school holidays only.
I would be happy to do this as my son is 6 and hopefully it would be great for him.
can anyone give me any advice as to what they do regarding the money side of it.
deposit
keeping the space available for her etc

My only worry is i will turn someone away when the children are at school and then have her change her mind just before the holidays start. So i guess i would need some kind of security.

she is phoning me tomorrow, any advice would be great
thanks

The Juggler
13-03-2011, 10:22 PM
use a booking form. she pays for upcoming holiday one month in advance. fee is non-returnable if not used.

good luck:)

mushpea
14-03-2011, 06:59 AM
I have a holiday only child,, she pays for all the holidays in full weather he comes or not where as children that come all year round get 4 weeks hols at half fee. i dont charge during term time as i have term time only mindees so he shares the space.

miffy
14-03-2011, 07:58 AM
I have holidays only children, they pay in full unless I am on holiday as I don't charge then.

Mum lets me know about the next holiday so when they come at half term they book for Easter.

I don't take payment in advance as I've known the family for years but think it's a good idea if I didn't know them

Miffy xx

jellybean cc
15-03-2011, 11:33 PM
well so far i have not had a phone call, so will give her until the weekend then send her a email.