PDA

View Full Version : Bank holidays and fees?

rhea26
13-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Hi, my working days havent yet fallen on a bank holiday but I know in April there are some bh on fridays, I am just wondering if anyone charges for the bank holidays and if they charge more if the parents send the children?
Thanks.

babs
13-03-2011, 08:49 PM
i am available to work bank hols but charge double time if they dont send normal charges apply....

The Juggler
13-03-2011, 08:54 PM
i charge an average monthly fee. I don't do refunds unless I'm sick/can't work. I am willing to work bank hols for triple time fee but if not needed I don't refund.

Cazz
13-03-2011, 10:48 PM
If I'm available on a bank holiday - which I am apart from the Christmas holidays :D - then I charge double time if they want to send the child.

If they don't use the space then I charge the same as my holiday charges which is half normal hourly rate if 4 weeks or more notice given/ full fees if less than 4 weeks notice given.

So far, no-one has wanted to send their child on a bank holiday :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
13-03-2011, 11:18 PM
If the Bank Holiday falls on a Contracted day and they don't use me they pay normal full fee. If they give me 4 weeks notice to use the day it is double fee, triple fee for Christmas, Boxing Day or New Years Day. In 17yrs I have been asked to work one Boxing Day.

mrs robbie williams
14-03-2011, 06:46 AM
I dont work bank holidays so i dont charge :D

mushpea
14-03-2011, 06:56 AM
it depends what it says on the contract and ifyou are prepared to work
the new contracts say that if you arent prepared to work then you cant charge i think
I dont charge for bank holidays as I dont want to work them and I dont understand how I can ask a parent to pay for a service that I wont provide.

onceinabluemoon
14-03-2011, 07:17 AM
I will work bank holidays if needed, however I charge double time. If parents do not want the space I charge normal fees. If I wasn't prepared to work I wouldn't charge.

but... You say your work days haven't fallen on bank hols yet so presumable you have some children contracted?

You have to stick to whatever you have written in your contracts for bank holidays or give parents notice to increase fees (with 4 weeks notice if that's what your notice period is)so make sure you get those letters out soon. x

miffy
14-03-2011, 07:55 AM
If a Bank Holiday falls on a contracted day then I charge normal fees - I don't work them.

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
14-03-2011, 08:10 AM
If it is a contracted day I get paid the fee appropiate to the time. If it is term time I get that fee and if it is hols then I get that fee. I will work if required and charge treble time (3 x double time)