PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm why am I feeling guilty

Pipsqueak
13-03-2011, 07:33 PM
even before handing out my Easter dates:rolleyes:

I am not working the second week - what with all the bank holidays I thought I'd make the most of it and take the time of - catch up with some paperwork, uni work and perhaps even (dare I say it) spend some valuable much needed time with my family.

I am feeling horrendously guilty though:( never normally feel like that but technically its 3 days off if you take of the bank holidays:D :D ......

am still taking the time of though..... mind you will see how I feel after I have told the parents tomorrow.

buildingblocks
13-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Why feel guilty. Think of it like this unless they have to work bank holidays they only have to take three days off if you were having a normal week off they would have to take more days.

I feel guilty about one parent as I work Fridays and Saturdays for her so will not be working quite a bit for her due to all these bank holidays. I then take a week off in May and as she is going away in May I have made my week off coincide with her so she doesn't lose out too much.

Trouble
13-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Dont feel guilty sweetie i just tell parents i need the time to make peace and recharge my batteries or i will stop doing it !!!!:D

The Juggler
13-03-2011, 08:36 PM
stop it! stop it now. you are not allowed to feel guilty. I took a week of last easter and the easter bank hols didn't even fall in the 2 weeks school break. I spent the entire week doing 10 hours a day on my research project (my two were at the grandparents):laughing:

take it off - don't feel guilty and enjoy time with your family xx

Playmate
13-03-2011, 09:41 PM
We always take a week off at Easter, infact we are taking the week before and then it is followed by a 3 day and 4 day week - result! Do not feel guilty :D

Rubybubbles
13-03-2011, 09:48 PM
lol I have just done my dates up until Dec/jan! Feel really bad, but hey we are contracted for it so :p

taken 21 so far with the 9 bank hols that fall (contracted 30 as well as BH) getting better, I never used to take my hols:rolleyes:

we need a break!!

sweets
13-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Don't you feel guilty otherwise i will have to too as ive booked the same week off :laughing:

rickysmiths
13-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Don't feel bad I finish work on Friday 15th April and go back on Tuesday 3rd April so 18 days break by taking 7 days holiday :thumbsup:

I can't wait I haven't had a proper holiday for 2 years.

One parent asked if I could find cover for them and I have had to say no because loads of minders here are taking advantage of all the BH.

debratina
14-03-2011, 06:16 AM
Gosh Ricky that's a long holiday nearly a year off lol

ORKSIE
14-03-2011, 08:22 AM
Enjoy your well earned rest:thumbsup:

Dont you dare feel guity:)

xx

Pipsqueak
14-03-2011, 08:22 AM
Jeeeeez Ricky - and the parents are cool with a year long holiday:laughing:

Chimps Childminding
14-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Know how you feel, even though we don't need to!!! I am taking the days off between bank holiday monday, and the holiday friday (royal wedding), I don't work Tuesdays at present so only need to take Weds and Thurs off to get 12 days, but even though it is only after schoolies on those days I still feel awful - silly really parents don't care when they have their hols, and I let them know 2 weeks ago, so plenty of notice!!!