PDA

View Full Version : Urgent terminationed contract

childminder54
13-03-2011, 07:25 PM
took a 9month child on 1 day a week . The first day she started in the afternoon about 2 hours before she was due to be picked up she was really sick nan did say she hadnt been very well couple of days before and thought sher was getting better. Next week she was still bad so nan had her she phoned me on thursday to say how did i feel about having her tomorrrow she had had diarehou and still runny but she was out at college and when she returned home she would see how she was, Also she told me she and her mom was bad as well the child had passed it on to them I made up my mind not to have her had a tex to say her mom would have her but could i have her next week for couple of hours to get to know me. Told her someone had asked me to do 2 extra days could not do. Spoke to her today because I couldnt do those extra hours but she was not coming on friday next week as she was still bad. So I said if she was still bad i couldnt have had her anyway she is termationing contract as she wanted her to get to know me and if I going away in three weeks time whick she knew and was ok with it she will look for someone else. So the contract states she has to give 4 weeks notice or money in lieu she is only 21 had my ofsted number do I ask for the money as ive only had her once or just walk away as dont want hassel

sarah707
13-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Tbh I think i would walk away... it sounds like a lot of hassle and if you are within the 4 week settling in period then I imagine there's something in your contract to say that you don't charge.

But I'd ring tax credits and let them know the contract was finished.

Hope you are well :D

mufftie
13-03-2011, 08:29 PM
I agree , sometimes it's just better to walk away

babs
13-03-2011, 08:32 PM
i agree to walk away but id ring tax credits as sarah said ...

mushpea
13-03-2011, 08:54 PM
i wud walk away and just get mum to sign a form stating she will inform tax credits,, I have tried rining them before when parents leave me and they dont want to know

Playmate
13-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Agree with the above. :D

Mykidsrock
14-03-2011, 08:55 AM
I agree - just walk away. Its not worth the hassle for 1 days (or a couple of hours pay). Also Sarah is right, if it is within the settling in period no notice is usually due.
Id be a bit more concerned about LO if I was mum though (maybe I am reading your message wrong) but she seems to have had a dodgy tummy for a while - id be taking her to the GP.
Give tax credits a ring and note it so in case she does claim and they write to you at some later stage you can say I spoke to xxx on xxx and informed them of this.
Take care
Jess x