PDA

View Full Version : what parent needs to provide ???

marlee1986
13-03-2011, 12:04 PM
hi all im just making up a pack 4 my parent that im about to sign up, im just doing a sheet of what i wud like them to provide n feel like ive forgotten something.

he will be 8 months old
so far i have
A new pack of nappies
baby wipes or cotton wool
Child’s formula milk and set of bottles
Nappy rash cream
Couple of spare change of clothes
Calpol

i cant hink of anything else they would need to supply

thankyou all

Mrs.L.C
13-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Comforter if they use one
Maybe a couple of burp clothes

christine e
13-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Suncream

Suitable clothing for weather eg sunhat - now baby is only 8 months old but in a few months he will be 12 months so you may want a waterproof coat, suitable footwear

~Grasshopper~
13-03-2011, 12:50 PM
hiya,

i guess its depends on what you are providing.

does he have a special cup?? who is providing meals ect.

my new mindee is 8mths and ive just asked mum to send a box of nappies/ wipes and a tub of milk and i will update his daily diary when im running low as i have my own baby so have plenty of cups, and i have new bottles (same as he has).
i have also said to pack a bag with spare clothes ect and send him in weather appropriate clothing aswell.
when my ds was with a childminder i sent a ruck sack every day stocked up with his milk/ nappies/ spare clothes for the day.
im sure mum will put anything extra in that you need. xx

sarah707
13-03-2011, 01:37 PM
We are not allowed to have medication in the house 'just in case'.

We can have medication the child needs for medical reasons such as inhalers or Epipens... but not Calpol.

If parents think their child needs Calpol they must give it to you on the day and sign permission stating when it was last given...

Unless of course the child is prone to, for example, febrile convulsions and there is a medical reason (like inhalers) why it is kept.

You might find it helpful to write a medication hand over procedure for the parents using information from the Eyfs to explain why you can't keep medication without prior written permission (risk of overdose etc).

Hth :D

rickysmiths
13-03-2011, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=sarah707;888972]We are not allowed to have medication in the house 'just in case'.

We can have medication the child needs for medical reasons such as inhalers or Epipens... but not Calpol.

If parents think their child needs Calpol they must give it to you on the day and sign permission stating when it was last given...

Unless of course the child is prone to, for example, febrile convulsions and there is a medical reason (like inhalers) why it is kept.

You might find it helpful to write a medication hand over procedure for the parents using information from the Eyfs to explain why you can't keep medication without prior written permission (risk of overdose etc).

I was about to say the same!

I only ask for nappies, formular and bottles and 2-3 changes of clothes for one that little.
I provide wipes, bum cream etc as I couldn't cope with different ones for each child.

marlee1986
13-03-2011, 02:04 PM
oh ty missed suncream, ty 4 that i was going to ask 4 a bottle to be supplied but i will change it to please supply calpol if u think your child may need it that day

thankyou everyone :) :)