PDA

View Full Version : For those who use daily diaries

WeePud
13-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Morning everyone,

For those of you who use daily diaries- what format are they in? Do you do something on the pc then print it off & staple it together? Or do you have an actual notebook/jotter that you just write the date, heading (eg meals/snacks, sleeping, activites etc) then put your notes down?

I'm trying to decide which will work best for me.

Pixie dust
13-03-2011, 09:10 AM
I use little exercise books I find it works for me as they are there to hand and not have to worry about printing them out.

christine e
13-03-2011, 09:17 AM
I use little exercise books I find it works for me as they are there to hand and not have to worry about printing them out.

Me too. I also find it easy to stick the photos from my pogo in them

Cx

jane5
13-03-2011, 10:04 AM
I use little note books, £1 from tesco and I put the date and then jot down

8.30 x ate all of his weetabix
9.30 nappy change and play group
11.00 snack, banana and rice cake
12.30, beef stew and yogurt, x ate all his lunch
1.15, sleep for 1 1/2 hours
ect...

I some times forget to add nappy changes ect but add these with the time at the end. It is a bit detailed to what I was going to do but mum loves that she knows what he has done in the day and doesnt feel as though she is missing out. I did it for her on the 1st day and she keeps telling me how much better it is than what the nursery gave her so I feel I have to keep it this detailed but if it makes her happy:thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
13-03-2011, 10:25 AM
I also just use a notebook. Saves ink as I spend enough on ink with my printer as it is :eek: I just note down what they ate, drank, slept, nappy changes and anything else I think mum would like to know, plus the odd photo now and again!!!

I also ask for comments back, but the only mum I have done one for at present never wrote a thing :( June on the other hand has a parent who writes something everytime her lo comes - hoping next baby's mum might be a bit more interested :rolleyes:

muffins
13-03-2011, 10:25 AM
I used to do it the same as the above poster but then changed to doing it like this-

Breakfast-
Lunch-
Diner-
Snacks-

Nappy changes-

AM activities-

PM activities-

I just felt it helped to be able to see more easily if you just wanted to look at food or nappie changes for the day. Plus it helped me because if I hadn't had time to write in the mornings activities I could still make a note of a nappy change or lunch then add the morning bit when I had time later!:)

Joda
13-03-2011, 10:30 AM
I use an exercise book for each child too.

jane5
13-03-2011, 10:36 AM
I used to do it the same as the above poster but then changed to doing it like this-

Breakfast-
Lunch-
Diner-
Snacks-

Nappy changes-

AM activities-

PM activities-

I just felt it helped to be able to see more easily if you just wanted to look at food or nappie changes for the day. Plus it helped me because if I hadn't had time to write in the mornings activities I could still make a note of a nappy change or lunch then add the morning bit when I had time later!:)

I think I will change mine to this because I do forget to put things down and add it at the end. This will make me look less forgetful:laughing:

Thanks muffins:thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
13-03-2011, 10:51 AM
I think I will change mine to this because I do forget to put things down and add it at the end. This will make me look less forgetful:laughing:

Thanks muffins:thumbsup:

Same here - At the moment I squash it in, write it at the bottom or I rip the page out and start again :blush:

WeePud
13-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Great feedback- thank you so much!!

Will def be going down the notebook route, easier than having to print pages off & staple them together. Found some good wee school jotter type things on amazon for quite cheap so will prob go with some of those.

Alibali
13-03-2011, 06:08 PM
I print mine out, it saves me having to think of what to write and saves on writing:laughing: :laughing: Just fill in the blanks:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
13-03-2011, 06:33 PM
I use A6 notebooks.

Write the routine things - meals, outings,naps and if I need more nappies etc or don't forget the wellies :rolleyes:

One parent uses it with me to jot down if there is an early pick up or could I do a later evening etc. I write if I am going to be unavailable if it's a planned one to give plenty of notice. Just a 2 way communication book :)

mrs_scottydog
13-03-2011, 06:42 PM
I currently use reporter notebooks from Wilkinsons as they were very cheap. I go through the day noting:
toys mindee has enjoyed playing with,
activities we've done,
nappy changes / used toilet
snacks and lunches
sleeps
I only have one mindee during the day at the moment but think I may have to shorten how I write all this info down if I have anymore as I end up writing essays in the book. I think his mum likes to know what he's liked doing throughout the day Hx

breezy
13-03-2011, 06:47 PM
I use A5 pads jot down routines, activities, anything relevant really, two mums love them, one doesnt even read it!

miffy
13-03-2011, 06:55 PM
I use A4 sheets (2 days to each side) then they go in with the lj's when full.

Miffy xx

caz3007
13-03-2011, 07:43 PM
I do one for one mum as I dont see her, her grown up DD drops and collects. I wanted her to know what was going on. I note nappies, nap times and a few sentences about what we have done, how L has been today and anything else I think mum may need to know. I did say to mum dont feel obliged to write in if she has nothing to say during the week, but would be nice to know if she had a bad night and how the weekend went.

My other mums I give a quick run down on collection

buildingblocks
13-03-2011, 07:50 PM
I print off an A4 sheet with all the usual info on as well as adult led activities and child led activities. These used to be double sided and then were bound together and when full went home. Since I got my pogo printer I print off one sheet and put photos on back with one for half a day or 2 for a full day and a sticker with the AOL on and a bit of writing and I am now putting these into the Learning Journey as well.

dundas
29-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Morning everyone,

For those of you who use daily diaries- what format are they in? Do you do something on the pc then print it off & staple it together? Or do you have an actual notebook/jotter that you just write the date, heading (eg meals/snacks, sleeping, activites etc) then put your notes down?

I'm trying to decide which will work best for me.

hi i did mine on pc on a5 paper front was time drop off then pick-up date,what they did that day,breakfast lunch dinner snacks on back it was toilet, nappies how many bottles milk,how long they slept then a space for mum or dad to write in then i put it in a a5 folder and the parents take it home every night hope this helps:laughing:

Dragonfly
30-06-2011, 06:38 AM
Little note book which goes in the childs bag to take home and hopefully bring back :)

karensmart4
30-06-2011, 06:55 AM

Breakfast-
Lunch-
Diner-
Snacks-

Nappy changes-

AM activities-

PM activities-

Sleeps

I do more or less this, I sometimes put what sort of mood child was in such as, J was in such a good mood when he came in this morning, all smiles and excited to see his friends, this morning he really enjoyed playing with the.....
Or m seemed a bit tired after lunch so was given a cuddle then put down for a nap a bit earlier than usual, etc.