PDA

View Full Version : How much prep for pre-reg visit?

fieryleo1984
12-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Evening,

I am waiting for my pre reg visit a the moment. I was just wondering how much you had done in preparation i.e had you got a complete porfolio ready to show them?

I have started to put one together, I have done some policies, collected leaflets etc, done my RA but thats it.

Do I need to do more?

x

mrs_scottydog
12-03-2011, 11:29 PM
I think for mine I had the following:
Policies and procedures
Risk Assessments
Completed questions from the EYFS booklet
Certificates from courses already completed.
Identification documents - passport, driving licence, marriage certificate.

The pre reg visit is there to help you and make sure that you are aware of everything that you will need to have in place. Don't worry if not everything is ready, as long as you can show a list of things that you need to do as well, you'll be fine. Hth Hx

fieryleo1984
13-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Thankyou Helen x

Helos76
13-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Hi there!
I had my Pre-Reg on Friday and I had exactly the same things prepared as Helen above.
The main policies I did were safeguarding, complaints, risk assessment and fire evacuation plan. I then compiled a list of others I think I would include and I showed this to the inspector.
Also have or show that you will have a variety of toys/activities particularly covering multicultural/disability etc.
As long as you know the answers to the Pre-Reg questions in the booklet you will be fine!
Good luck, don't worry!
Hx

fieryleo1984
13-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Thankyou, ive written a wishlist to show her. I have a 16 month old so I have alot of age related toys for her but on my wish list I have put about different toys for different ages. EEk its realy exciting. I hope she approves me lol x