PDA

View Full Version : Childminders : Wales

webbthomas
12-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Hi
Been a member on this forum for a few months now and found it really helpful but can spend so long searching through different posts to see what may / may not be relevant for Wales :blush:
Just sat my ICP course and in the midst of preparing my policies and procedures. Other than going on the "CSSIW" section is there any way of keeping up-to-date with developments / changes / anything interesting really for childminders in Wales (I live in South Wales). Just a thought ... :D
Thanks very much.

Pauline
12-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Other than going on the "CSSIW" section is there any way of keeping up-to-date with developments / changes / anything interesting really for childminders in Wales (I live in South Wales). Just a thought ... :D
Thanks very much.

Well that is the whole point of the CSSIW section, for those in Wales to post relevant info for Welsh members :)

webbthomas
12-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Thanks Pauline. Feel a bit silly now :blush: , but I just wanted to check that I wasn't missing any other links :) :)

Pauline
12-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks Pauline. Feel a bit silly now :blush: , but I just wanted to check that I wasn't missing any other links :) :)

LOL don't feel silly, we all get lost at times, even me :D

Hopefully if any other links get posted someone will spot them and have them moved into here :thumbsup:

manjay
13-03-2011, 12:43 PM
I always post new info in the CSSIW section and try to check that area often to see if I can help. I have several sources I get my information from which affects us nationally but there may be new initiatives in your area that I wouldn't necessarily know about. Both Polly2 and I are on the NCMA Regional Organising Committee for Wales and can usually find answers to any questions that come up.

Hth

amanda xx

Polly2
14-03-2011, 08:01 AM
Hi hun

Feel free to pm with any specific questions also. btw I am in S wales too, near Abergavenny :waving:

alihatherall
14-03-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm a Brownie volunteer leader and there's a Food Safety in Catering course coming up organised by girlguiding uk for only £15, as I haven't done a food hygiene course I was thinking of doing this. I asked my inspector if this course would be appropriate as a childminder and she replied something along the lines of 'you only need basic food hygiene & I think there's one coming up with NCMA'.

Amanda & Polly2 (and anyone else) do you know if NCMA are doing this course in South Wales anytime soon (I'm in Newport).

Or, is the Food Safety in Catering ok?!