PDA

View Full Version : BOOKING FORM

Sarahbelle
12-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Would anyone be prepared to share a booking form for additional hours with me?

I have two shift workers on my books and they seem to have taken the fact that I am flexible about hours as their right to add and decrease hours with no notice. In fact, on one occasion recently I sat waiting for a child to turn up earlier than normal only to be told an hour later that they weren't coming after all!

So I have decided I need a booking form with some sort of statement regarding cancellation of hours at short notice etc, etc. Was wondering what everyone else does and whether anyone would share?

I have decided it is time to put my house in order, so to speak. They are not going to like it, but they will get used to it!

Thanks.

Baildon bears
12-03-2011, 10:07 PM
I would ask parents to email you monthly with hours needed on each day. Then you have written evidence and can charge if they attend or not. There is being flexible and really taking the mik, do a letter saying you need hours x amount upfront in writing so as you can plan your work and family life, make sure you keep a copy of letter and get parents to sign for letter, I don't think that's to much to ask. I'm not sure about a booking form sorry.

Sarahbelle
12-03-2011, 10:12 PM
I would ask parents to email you monthly with hours needed on each day. Then you have written evidence and can charge if they attend or not. There is being flexible and really taking the mik, do a letter saying you need hours x amount upfront in writing so as you can plan your work and family life, make sure you keep a copy of letter and get parents to sign for letter, I don't think that's to much to ask. I'm not sure about a booking form sorry.

Thanks for replying. Hopefully someone will come along with an example soon. I just need some idea of what everyone else does so I can knock up my own. If they sign a form and then turn round and say they don't need me after all, they haven't got a leg to stand on if they already agreed the time etc. and signed for it? Well, in theory anyway. I have two shift workers at the mo and have realised that I need to start taking a stand or they are going to walk all over me!

The Juggler
12-03-2011, 10:32 PM
i would suggest a form on which the parents says

I would like to book (child's name) for extra hours on (dates) between the hours of x and x.

By booking these hours I understand that I am commiting to paying for the booked hours as (the minder) has agreed to work them.

Signed _______________(parent(s)) and __________________(minder)

Sarahbelle
13-03-2011, 09:26 AM

I would like to book (child's name) for extra hours on (dates) between the hours of x and x.

By booking these hours I understand that I am commiting to paying for the booked hours as (the minder) has agreed to work them.

Thank you Juggler, I will draft a form today and issue copies. Boy, there are going to be a lot of things to put in my next newsletter!

Mouse
13-03-2011, 09:33 AM

I would also put that once sessions are booked and paid for, the fee is no-refundable.

blue bear
13-03-2011, 01:05 PM
On mine I say once booked has to be paid foe unless cancelled 30 days in advance.

I explain to parents o have to budget to pay my billls and need to know what is coming in

Sarahbelle
13-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Have put fee is payable at time of booking and is non-refundable if cancelled.

I am not going to be popular but such is life.