PDA

View Full Version : Downloading SEF help please

keeks
12-03-2011, 10:39 AM
When my childminding co-ordinator was here she suggested I download the sef to my computer and complete it on here. She said people in the past have lost sections as it had not saved properly on the online one.

I downloaded the one on the forum but it is a pdf and I can't write in the boxes, have looked for another one but not found one anywhere.

Does anyone know where I can download one I can type into?

xx

nic t
12-03-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm not sure but I did all of mine in word (saving as I went along!) and then just copied it over onto the Sef. So you're not reliant on their system saving it then!

keeks
12-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks nic, after searching again I actually found it as a word document on Ofsted's website! :blush:

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Early-years-online-self-evaluation-form-SEF-and-guidance-For-settings-delivering-the-Early-Years-Foundation-Stage

mrs_scottydog
12-03-2011, 01:53 PM
I was going to ask you how you're getting on with your SEF, I haven't done anymore on mine yet :blush: Was hoping to get some done this weekend now my LJ is up to date. Hx

keeks
12-03-2011, 06:25 PM
I was going to ask you how you're getting on with your SEF, I haven't done anymore on mine yet :blush: Was hoping to get some done this weekend now my LJ is up to date. Hx

I don't know why I haven't started earlier, I think I've just been so busy. This is my sef weekend too! :D

I'm a bit of a saddo so I'm actually enjoying doing it! I'm not good at talking on the spot, so it makes me relax knowing that I'm getting everything down on paper.

I'm using Sarah's sef ebook and it's really helpful, if you haven't got it and are finding it a bit difficult I recommend you get it. However, the sef guidance is pretty good too, just not as broken down.

Good luck to you, I'm sure you'll be ok once you start it.

xx