PDA

View Full Version : Social Services Contract Advice

phoebe-alice
11-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Just had a phone call from social services asking if I had room to accommodate a 1 year old little boy. He is living with his grannie now so she needs a break 3 afternoons a week.
It will be social services paying so I'm not too sure what I do about the contract, it could turn into a long term placement but at the moment they don't really know how long it will last.
If anyone could give me some advise that would be great as I have only done short time work for social services before and have no clue what to do about the contract.
Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. :confused:

The Juggler
11-03-2011, 10:17 PM
we have a dept here that co-ordinates the contract. Basically I sign one of my contracts with parents saying LA will pay the fees. But LA give me a contract that all three parties sign saying they will pay.

I have to complete time sheets and attendance sheets.

Be firm with them, tell them yes you'll do it but you would like paperwork for invoicing and their commitment about payments, min. no. hours (times of month etc) in place before he starts.

When I worked I gave a time sheet at start of month for what I was contracted to work and got paid mid month part in arrears and part in advance.

It is well worth doing hon, you can make such a difference to him and Grandma.:thumbsup:

jayr
12-03-2011, 12:47 AM
we have a dept here that co-ordinates the contract. Basically I sign one of my contracts with parents saying LA will pay the fees. But LA give me a contract that all three parties sign saying they will pay.

I have to complete time sheets and attendance sheets.

Be firm with them, tell them yes you'll do it but you would like paperwork for invoicing and their commitment about payments, min. no. hours (times of month etc) in place before he starts.

When I worked I gave a time sheet at start of month for what I was contracted to work and got paid mid month part in arrears and part in advance.

It is well worth doing hon, you can make such a difference to him and Grandma.:thumbsup:

Hi to you,

Make sure you know when they will pay you. I looked after children for the

SS it took 10 week to be paid.

Best Wishes

Jayr :angry:

phoebe-alice
12-03-2011, 12:34 PM
The last social services work I had I was actually paid very quickly from a few post on here I thought it would take forever but on the Friday I finished minding I sent out the invoice and the Thursday next week I received the payment.
They called me on the Monday and apologized that they couldn't send the cheque out until Wednesday when the accountant was in but I didn't find it any problem.
I am going to hand invoices straight into SS for this one though as they are only down the road and they want me to receive the payment as quickly as possible so fingers crossed it runs as smoothly as hoped.
But can't wait to have a little one, looking forward to meeting him and grannie next week.
Still a bit clueless as of what to do about the contract though as we don't have anyone that really coordinates that? But fingers crossed I work something out. :blush: