PDA

View Full Version : May have to give notice.

kel1983
11-03-2011, 11:40 AM
I mind a 3 year old who is due to start nursery after the easter holidays. When I started minding him in January mum asked if I would be able to collect him on a Monday and a Friday and have him for a couple of hours till his step dad will collect. Of course I said yes. I currently have him Monday 1.30 -6 and friday 1.30 - 4.30.

Well earlier this week I found out that the nursery doesnt finish till 3.30. :eek: . For some reason I thought it was 2.30.

Well I collect from a school at 3.25 so will no way be able to collect from nursery.

I have asked the mum to come a little earlier this afternoon so I can chat to her and let her know I may not be able to continue care once he starts nursery.

I am so nervous and feel so bad for having to give notice. I just cant see any way round this.

gigglinggoblin
11-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Cant you pick him up early?

kel1983
11-03-2011, 11:52 AM
unfortunately I dont drive and the school I collect from is half hour walk.

kel1983
11-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Wow that went better than I thought.

It turns out that nursery does not finish till 3.45 so still a problem. She is going to find out about putting him into the dinner club which she doent mind doing. And then she has asked if I will be able to have him during the holidays still. I'm still dissapointed that I will lose him but still get him during the holidays. :clapping:

The Juggler
11-03-2011, 02:02 PM
is there no way she'd consider NOT sending him to nursery on days you have him OR letting him do half days so you can collect him at lunch:(

thing is hon, think carefully, if you are holding a holidya space for him and he's only 3/4 years then you will be restricted to filling your under 5 vacancy when he leaves - you would only be able to take on a t-time only child or you'd be over numbers in teh holidays.

kel1983
11-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Sorry forgot to mention his mum is pregnant and willl be going on maternity leave in July. So wont need me then. She said she is gonna take all the time she can off and then probably wont go back to work at all.

Chimps Childminding
11-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Sorry forgot to mention his mum is pregnant and willl be going on maternity leave in July. So wont need me then. She said she is gonna take all the time she can off and then probably wont go back to work at all.

Thats ok then, because I was going to say the same as The Juggler about him taking up one of your under 5 spaces!!

kel1983
11-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Another thing is I also only have one other mindee so it's really not a problem at the moment. I had thought of that though. Thanks guys.

It seems to be really slow here at the moment. I need to find some more children to care for. :(