PDA

View Full Version : Omg ! Of all days

mufftie
11-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Ofsted are due today as it's the last of the 3 days she gave me and for what ever reasons I've got no kids today , I was supposed to have 2 today and ones I'll and the other threw a strop which was very unusual and refused to come . I pick this child up off his elderly nan and I wasn't dragging him out the house screaming as it was upsetting nan !
What do you think she will say when she turns up ?

Zoomie
11-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Phone Ofsted urgently and tell them to give the inspector a message that you have no children today.

rickysmiths
11-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Can you ring and postpone saying the children are both off sick today and you dont feel good dicky tummy or something? Think I would rather than be inspected with no children. I think they are quite understanding when this happens after all I ahve had Inspections changed when Mrs O was ill!

mufftie
11-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Ok think I will do

kel1983
11-03-2011, 10:05 AM
I had to ring my Ofsted lady when I was due my inspection as the LO I mind was off ill for 2 of the 3 days that I have her. She was actually planning on coming to me on the day I phoned. She was very happy to rearrange it for later in the week. They would rather come on a day you have childdren s they get a better look at how you interact with the children.

flowerpots
11-03-2011, 01:15 PM
did you sort it hun?

xxxxxxx

mufftie
11-03-2011, 01:53 PM
She arrived literally just as I posted this but she went a head and did the inspection and I got a good :clapping:

She said that my paperwork was fab the only reccomendatuon she could think of was a visitors book maybe and she could see from my displays and photos that the evidence of the childrens needs being met was excellent , I got the impression it would have been outstanding should a child have been present

So I'm really pleased with myself now and I can relax a bit

RachelE
11-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Well done on your result! :thumbsup:

Am glad she still did it and at least you didnt have any distractions!

relax and celebrate!

Rachel x

Ripeberry
11-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Wow, well done :clapping: Have a celebration tonight ;)

The Juggler
11-03-2011, 02:00 PM
was just logging on to see how it went with cancelling! that is great news honey - well done. extra big drinkie tonight ;) :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

cherry
11-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Well Done :thumbsup: :clapping:

mufftie
11-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Thanks everyone it really is a relief as I've not been inspected under eyfs before so wasn't sure that I was doing things right , so now I know :D

christine e
11-03-2011, 02:54 PM
well done:clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping:

Cx

Goatgirl
11-03-2011, 02:55 PM
that's great news and you can relax now :) well done!

rickysmiths
11-03-2011, 02:59 PM
She arrived literally just as I posted this but she went a head and did the inspection and I got a good :clapping:

She said that my paperwork was fab the only reccomendatuon she could think of was a visitors book maybe and she could see from my displays and photos that the evidence of the childrens needs being met was excellent , I got the impression it would have been outstanding should a child have been present

So I'm really pleased with myself now and I can relax a bit

Well Done you especially without children. :clapping: :jump for joy:

Out of interest did you ask her why she thought you should have a Visitors Book? This one interests me and is on my 'to ask' list when I am inspected. I cannot find one reason wy in our own homes we need one.

I have got one to 'Tick that box' though :blush:

Chimps Childminding
11-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Well done! I was also looking to see if you had re-arranged, but you managed to get it over and done with!!! Enjoy your week-end :thumbsup:

mufftie
11-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Well Done you especially without children. :clapping: :jump for joy:

Out of interest did you ask her why she thought you should have a Visitors Book? This one interests me and is on my 'to ask' list when I am inspected. I cannot find one reason wy in our own homes we need one.

I have got one to 'Tick that box' though :blush:

Think it's just something she likes to see in place , and I could see her point as it's just something else to cover our backs if any allegations were made

She honestly was very nice and it was a pleasure dare I say it having her here
We even chatted about road trips in my classic cars that I've got just hope it's her next time

babs
11-03-2011, 05:18 PM
well done on your grade hun.....:clapping: :clapping:

mrs_scottydog
11-03-2011, 05:53 PM
That's fantastic news! Well done. :clapping: Hx

flowerpots
11-03-2011, 06:03 PM
well done mufftie, thats fab :clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping:

Mookins
11-03-2011, 06:26 PM
well done hun, brilliant news...cant believe you were inspected with no children there... i was told if theres no children on the days due to let them know and re-book

xx

Tigertots
11-03-2011, 06:38 PM
WELLDONE :clapping: :clapping:

Cazz
11-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Well done - what a relief that you've got it out of the way :clapping:

miffy
11-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Congratulations on your good!

She sounds a very nice inspector - some would not give above satisfactory if there were no children present :rolleyes:

At least you can enjoy the weekend now!

Miffy xx

Doofuz
12-03-2011, 07:23 AM
Well done, fantastic news :clapping:

nell57
12-03-2011, 07:36 AM
Well done:clapping: Glad it went well for you in the end:thumbsup:

Carol M
12-03-2011, 09:00 AM
I thought you couldn't get higher than a Satisfactory if no children present.
Something else different now :panic:
Well done Mufftie, think I would prefer an inspection with no children here, got plenty of photographic evidence and paperwork to support so me thinks alot less stressful, maybe ?
So glad you actually enjoyed it :eek:
Carol xx