PDA

View Full Version : anyone used site.google.com for making site. help

nat222
10-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Hi i am trying to find my website but cannot with web addresses i have do i have to do something else other than just setting my settings to public on the web?

Penny1959
11-03-2011, 05:15 AM
My site is one of theirs - I did have some problems in the early days - but it all sort of sorted itself - so not sure how it happened!

Sorry not much help but maybe a little reassurance

Penny :)

Pixie dust
11-03-2011, 06:10 PM
mine is through them too and am really disappointed as does not show up on search engines waste of time :angry:

Penny1959
12-03-2011, 05:18 AM
mine is through them too and am really disappointed as does not show up on search engines waste of time :angry:

It took a while for mine to show up - seemed to improve after I had added a map.

Also I have been told that it helps to get lots of views - so ask family and friends to look often and do so yourself!

rainbowsplash
12-03-2011, 07:55 AM
I use this site and my website now comes up in searches after struggling a bit at first, it helps to back link it to as many other sites as you can. HTH

Pixie dust
12-03-2011, 08:38 AM
It took a while for mine to show up - seemed to improve after I had added a map

I have not put a map on was concerned about my address being on-line. Didn't want people just turning up on the door step. Was concerned with safeguarding. Has that been an issue at all?

Penny1959
12-03-2011, 07:35 PM
I have not put a map on was concerned about my address being on-line. Didn't want people just turning up on the door step. Was concerned with safeguarding. Has that been an issue at all?

No one has ever turned up on my doorstep - and even if they did I would use the same policy to safeguard the children as I do whenever anyone rings the doorbell including door to door salesmen who turn up on doorstep all the time and who see my Ofsted Registered childminder sign in my porch.

nat222
16-03-2011, 10:31 AM
I managed to get it to work. I signed upto google add ons like it said and added codes to my website and i came 2nd top of search engine after a sponsered ad so was pleased. I havent got it live at moment as havent finished it yet i just wanted to know that when the time comes i can put it live with out any problems. I hadnt even given my address out for anyone to view