PDA

View Full Version : Any advertising tips?

crazyhazy
10-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Can't believe I need to ask this again, this time last year I was just registering and advertising like crazy, thought everything would be better thisyear but due to unexpectedly losing a new mindee before they even started I'm now in the position of only having one baby 2 days a week and desperately need more business. So, any top tips? I'm on childcare.co.uk and have a lot of people view me but this week alone I have emailed about 6 (a lot since we live in a small town) and had no replies. I've spoke to the few local childminders I know and they have my number if they get calls (both are full), have a poster to put up outside my house (next to school) and a few other places but wondering if there's something I've not thought of?

Has anyone given their details to the local health visitors? Just pondering this might be an idea but not sure if they'd be allowed to pass them on.

Thanks x

dolly daycare
10-03-2011, 06:37 PM
I spent about 3 days, leaflet dropping to all local houses on all the local housing developments. Within a week of doing so, I am almost full and am having to turn families away, that I can't fit in around other families needs!

It might be worth a go. Apart from that I am on childcare.co.uk and Yell and a few other websites, but so far all my mindees are through leaflet dropping!

Good luck

Baildon bears
10-03-2011, 06:44 PM
I have magnetic signs on my car I find it works well. They cost about £20.00.

debratina
10-03-2011, 06:45 PM
it one of the things i worry about:panic:
since the feb half term i have lost 4 children
the local school have not put up an advert for me and then i find out the school is now doing an after school club.
don't get me wrong i am busy but the drop of £300 a month is a big one for me.
i am advertising in local shops today i paid a £1.00 a week for my postcard size advert.
any more ideas?
Debra

Newbie1!
10-03-2011, 06:45 PM
^^Ive got these too but got mine from Vista and just paid about £4 postage :clapping: :clapping:

pinkbutterfly
10-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Yellowpages
Tompson local
google places
netmums
mumsnet
build a website and make sure it's compatible with search engines so you come up on the first page
go round toddler gropus
maybe somebody else will add to it

Baildon bears
10-03-2011, 07:25 PM
^^Ive got these too but got mine from Vista and just paid about £4 postage :clapping: :clapping:

Just remind me I need to order some more as I have a new car, just been on they work out about 8.00 for two and 4.00 postage, though they really try to get you to buy all sorts before you get to check out and then eventually get to check out and they have struck some return labels on my order:angry: What do they think I'm going to do stick labels on kids heads and send them home:D

donnamarie2
11-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Yellowpages
Tompson local
google places
netmums
mumsnet
build a website and make sure it's compatible with search engines so you come up on the first page
go round toddler gropus
maybe somebody else will add to it

hI, where do you advertise on mumsnet ive looked and can't seem to see where to put an add? thanks