PDA

View Full Version : update child ended up in casualty what do i need to do

mushpea
10-03-2011, 01:19 PM
i rang ofsted today and apprantly I did not need to inform them, since february they have changed what you have to inform them about,
the new document number for this is 110009

Mykidsrock
10-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Thank you very much for this info. Its always handy to know the do's and dont's.

Jess x

mushpea
10-03-2011, 05:41 PM
well,, i have just read the new notice that i posted about and actutaly according to it i do need to inform ofsted,,, the woman i spoke to did note it all down and gave me her name and a incident number so wont ring them back but i am not impressed she gave me the wrong answer!

Mouse
10-03-2011, 05:54 PM
I've read that fact sheet through several times & I'm still not sure what I would have to do!

I read it that if the child goes to hospital for a non-serious injury, you don't have to inform Ofsted unless they are kept in for more than 24 hours. So if they fell & they were taken to hospital needing steri strips or stitches, you wouldn't have to tell Ofsted unless they were kept in for more than 24hrs.

But then I read it again & couldn't decide if you had to inform them of all accidents if you were on the EY register.

Why don't Ofsted ever make anything straight forward :panic: