PDA

View Full Version : Thank you from Jane's Jolly Tots - Downend, Bristol

JaneinDownend
10-03-2011, 01:10 PM
I just wanted to say a huge thank you the creators and contributors to this website. I am in my very very early stages of becoming a child minder with my pre-briefing on Monday 14th March in Yate. Already I am reading many of the forums on here with interest and already - even at my early stage - have found it to be invaluable. I hope one day soon to be able to contribute words of wisdom, advice or ideas.

This venture is new to me - having always worked in sales, customer service, office based previously. Although I do not have children of my own (no decent partners ever came my way) I have heaps of experience with masses of nieces, nephews, great neices, nephews (22 of the latter and increasing) and am a god parent many times over.

I just wanted to say a big thank you so far! Happy minding xx

sarah707
10-03-2011, 06:39 PM
You are very welcome! It's a lovely friendly forum and I have always found everyone helpful.

Don't forget to keep us informed as you continue your journey into childminding :D

WibbleWobble
10-03-2011, 06:40 PM
hello and welcome from me too!

mandy xxx

PixiePetal
10-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Hi and welcome from me too :)

the forum is a great place to be :thumbsup:

Adiamond
10-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Hello and welcome from me too :clapping:

This forum is the BEST forum in the world :thumbsup: x

Pauline
10-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Jane it is so heart warming to read posts like yours, I created the forum back in 2006 and at the time had very little interest to the point of thinking of deleting it! To now find that everyone loves it so much and find it invaluable is fantastic, thank you! So looking forward to seeing you and other members develop through your childminding and coming back to support new childminders :thumbsup:

flowerpots
10-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Hi Jane,

Welcome to the forum, i LOVE it too :clapping:

xxxxxx

green puppy
10-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Hello and welcome!:)

Polly2
10-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Hiya! Totally agree - don't know where I would be without this forum :clapping:

angeldelight
11-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Jane it is so heart warming to read posts like yours, I created the forum back in 2006 and at the time had very little interest to the point of thinking of deleting it! To now find that everyone loves it so much and find it invaluable is fantastic, thank you! So looking forward to seeing you and other members develop through your childminding and coming back to support new childminders :thumbsup:

Yes but we remained patient and kept chatting and now look at you :clapping: :clapping:

Lovely comments Jane ...welcome look forward to chatting

Angel xx

Pauline
11-03-2011, 07:43 AM
Yes but we remained patient and kept chatting and now look at you :clapping: :clapping:

Yeah, I can't get a word in edge ways :laughing:

miffy
11-03-2011, 07:54 AM
Welcome Jane.

I had been childminding for many years when I found this forum but it has helped me get to grips with EYFS and improve my practice in many, many ways.

Best of all I've met some lovely people (both in the flesh and virtually!) and made some firm friends.

It's hard to put into words the support I've had from here both in childminding and in personal stuff.

Hope you continue to enjoy the forum as much as I do

Miffy xx

JulieA
11-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Hi Jane and welcome. This forum is great not only for ideas, but also for realising that you're not on your own, and if you have problems there is always someone who can help. I recently was graded GOOD by Ofsted and am sure it is down to this forum. I am Bristol based also, so good to see other locals on the board.

Chatterbox Childcare
11-03-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi and welcome. Everyone here is always happy to help and it is great for a good natter too! :laughing: