PDA

View Full Version : ICP Course - A stupid question...

tinytigers
22-04-2008, 01:09 PM
I have to answer the question "What will you do if you cant contact a parent or emergency contact?"

I was just going to put "keep trying and then make the child comfortable if they are ill. If its after the collection time I would wait a short while, approx half and hour and then contact early years or social services for advice."

Will that be enough to answer that question?

sarah707
22-04-2008, 01:22 PM
You have to be sure that whatever you say, you will do! I know I would personally give it longer than half an hour before contacting social services, unless they were my only emergency contact of course.

If you have 3 emergency contacts, at least one set would be likely to return after a working day for example... so would you maybe give child tea then try them again?

Up to you - but make sure you are comfortable with it, as (hopefully not) one day you might have to implement it. :(

tinytigers
22-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Thanks Sarah. It confused me a bit because I did think that you usually get at least 2 emergency contacts and thought surely at least one would be contactable. Good idea about tea that never entered my head. It would if I had to do it in practice as its something that you would do naturally but I struggle to find the correct answers sometimes. :panic:

Annie_T
25-04-2008, 12:05 AM
id say id keep trying to contact all contacts, tmake child comfy etc and if it came to it ring socail services tho like you say surely one contact will be contactable

your be ok hun, try not worry and stress xx

tinytigers
07-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Oh well all that worrying for nothing!! We got to college and we were told the exam is cancelled :angry:. The reason being the college made a cock up with ordering the exam papers from CACHE and they werent delivered in time. Its going to take another 2 weeks now until we can take the exam and thats if I can get another night off work. They have already let me swap my shift for the seven weeks, dont think they are going to be to happy.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Jinx
07-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Oh what a nightmare. That's so unfair. :angry:

Hope you can sort out the time off.

Jinx x