PDA

View Full Version : chicken pox...issue or not?

candy cat
10-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi my ds came out with first spot last Friday.....got very mildly...no direct contact so prob toddlers? was day off Monday,but mindee 1 and mindee 2 woudn't send them tues/weds. Today i have 2 mindees who want them to get it and are happy and ds isn't contagious now as 5 days after 1st spot. My policy is that if they then get and are well they can still come (different days to others). But if other parents still won't send due to it possibly being air bourne in my house should i still charge? obviously i will refund this week as it was my ds.
what policies do you have? would you still charge if they choose not to send....in the future should i stick to gov procedure and say stay at home for 5 days...thanks

Baildon bears
10-03-2011, 11:59 AM
I spoke to my co-ordinater about this issue last week as my boys had it and I did not know what to do, she said you have to follow the school rules, you have to close for 5 days from onset of rash, she sent me a copy of the afficial exclusions policy and advised me to update my sickness policy. I did not shut so to cover my back I have done a letter for parents to sign saying they were aware and made the choose to bring their children. She also said you definatly can't care for mindee with chicken pox.

mama2three
10-03-2011, 12:19 PM
I would only accept a child with cpox before the exclusion period if

1. ALL parents were happy that either kids had had it / were happy for them to get it - and that they understood they may not be able to come if they caught it iyswim!

2. That it didnt mean we had to miss any groups / walks / visits - not fair on either me or the children to be confined to base.

candy cat
10-03-2011, 04:47 PM
thanks.....re writing policy it's easier!lol

Goatgirl
10-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Hi :),
I think the problem with letting them choose, is that the ones who are fine with theirs catching it might not want to keep them home if they do! and if you did care for them, your policy would effectively be keeping away the ones who don't want their children exposed, so they wont want to pay and might be quite miffed that they've had to be without childcare for longer than if it was just your family contagious.

Hope that makes sense :D

bws,
Wendy