PDA

View Full Version : salary

charlie593
22-04-2008, 12:38 PM
hi can anybody tell me whether they put a weekly salary on their weekly accounts or have i been doing wrong all this time:idea: :panic:

christine e
22-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi
HMCR inspector gave our County Assoc a talk and explained that as a self employed person you cannot give yourself a salary.
Christine

sarah707
22-04-2008, 01:07 PM
I agree with Christine!

Your income, minus expenses, is your salary - out of that you decide how much to plough back into your business and how much to spend on your annual holiday etc :D

Pauline
23-04-2008, 08:21 AM
I'll move this to tax and book keeping as this section is for problems with the forum. :)

I agree that you cannot pay yourself a salary.

nannan
23-04-2008, 09:23 PM
I agree but we cant give ourselves a salary

John
23-04-2008, 09:57 PM
I agree but we cant give ourselves a salary

I was told that you can give yourself a wage each week by the hmrc and put this in my accounts ever week. I'm i missing something? i try to make the wage the same each week.

John.

christine e
24-04-2008, 12:02 PM
I was told that you can give yourself a wage each week by the hmrc and put this in my accounts ever week. I'm i missing something? i try to make the wage the same each week.

John.

I've been at meetings when we have been told that you can't. If you are self employed you cannot put a weekly wage for yourself down as expenses if you were employing an assistant then you could put theirs down.
Christine

John
24-04-2008, 11:35 PM
So how do you take a wage out and show in your books that you taking part of the childminding money as a wage? as everything you take in childminding needs to be accounted for. The last Inland rev i went to said yes your doing it right and showed them my accounts book. So how is right?

John.

John
24-04-2008, 11:52 PM
I've just looked at an old posting about wages on this forum, and one said:

11-01-2008, 06:38 PM
June
Full Access Member
Registered Childminder since: Registered Jan 1994
Ofsted Grade: Good

Re: Wages?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kate, Carolyn and I went on a business course too and it said to pay yourself a wage They said it was good practise

The page is: http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1440

John.

christine e
25-04-2008, 06:38 AM
Perhaps we are at crossed purposes here, there is nothing wrong in paying yourself a wage. I too have been on a business course where they suggested you paid yourself a wage (decide on so much for you and so much to plough back into your business) but you cannot deduct it as an expense against tax. Earnings are taxable.

Christine