PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had a plyroom built?

MAWI
09-03-2011, 07:16 PM
I have recently had a room built that is going to be a purpose built playroom. I know I cannot claim for the cost of the building work ( if only) but does anyone know if I can claim for everything inside because at the end of the day, it is purpose built and only will be used for minding.
I need to decorate, lay flooring, furniture etc... and is going to be rather expensive so I'm hoping that someone has been through the same thing and can enlighten me as to what I can and cannot claim. I've tried to phone the tax office but after 3 times of being on hold for 15 minutes its almost impossible to do in a working day. I will obviouslty try to get through to them at some point soon.:)
Thanks in advance

rickysmiths
09-03-2011, 07:32 PM
I had one built as part of a larger extention last summer. I haven't claimed for flooring because we, as a family do use the room out of minding hours. I have claimed for blackout blinds, new shelves and Trofast shelves and boxes.

buildingblocks
11-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Hard one this as I think it has something to do with capitol gains tax (probably said the wrong one) and if it is solely used for childcare. If your family is going to use it then I would put possibly half the cost through.

I have a conservatory I use as a playroom and it is so cold in there that I am having a carpet fitted. I will be putting 1/2 or 3/4 of the cost through as it has been put down for the benefit of the children not me as I am in the front room with the babies lol.

all storage, settee, etc in there has been put through my books.