PDA

View Full Version : Accredited!

funemnx
09-03-2011, 06:51 PM
After months of paperwork and weekends of trying to understand what the questions were asking, I am finally an accredited childminder!

Really pleased that I've done it but not sure if it will be worth it in the end. I've been allowed to do the accreditation before my level 3 which starts in September which was great.

At the moment, the main advantage has been that I feel more confident with EYFS now and I never thought I'd get my head round that!

BIG glass of wine tonight :D

WibbleWobble
09-03-2011, 07:02 PM
well done you!!!

just about to start on that road myself....i will be contacting you soon!

mandy xx

funemnx
09-03-2011, 07:06 PM
If I can do it, anyone can!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

WibbleWobble
09-03-2011, 07:08 PM
what actually did you have to do? my DO keeps telling me i have already got everything and "dont worry".

mandy xx

funemnx
09-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Absolutely true, all the answers are in the paperwork you already have - what you offer (resources), how you work with each child (eyfs), if you do a self evaluation of any kind, that helps. Penny Tassoni's Eyfs handbook came in handy too.

Your DO will visit a few times to go through everything with you, and mine also kept in touch via e-mail.

It was harder for me because I'd struggled with the Eyfs, I didn't actually have all my paperwork in order but as I went through the questions, I made sure all my Risk assessments, L & D folders, policies, contract, parents questionnaires were sorted too.

I still need to get up to date with the L & D's and do summative reports though:blush:

It finished today with my DO observing me at a toddler group, doing an activity with my lo's (15 mins). She will do an observation every 6 weeks or so for the 1st year but now the 1st one's over, I won't be so nervous!

onceinabluemoon
09-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Well done!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

WibbleWobble
09-03-2011, 07:36 PM
do nurserys have to go through all this?

i mean, they are automatically able to get the funding for over 3s, do they have to show anything extra or is it just childminders who have to jump through hoops?

sorry if i am being a bit of a berk here

mandy xx

funemnx
09-03-2011, 07:43 PM
do nurserys have to go through all this?

i mean, they are automatically able to get the funding for over 3s, do they have to show anything extra or is it just childminders who have to jump through hoops?

sorry if i am being a bit of a berk here

mandy xx

I think it's just us with the hoop jumping - so unfair!

lma
09-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Just wondering if you knew if any childminder could become accredited?

I heard you had to be outstanding be on the network and have certain qualifications????

Just being nosey as one of my parents was enquiring a while ago as to whether I offered this?

Also I dont actually get on very well with my D.O. so would this be a problem?

Sorry for all the questions:blush: