PDA

View Full Version : pre- reg visit yesterday....feeling low

kirstya
09-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Had my pre-reg visit yesterday and I am really happy as she "passed" me and my reg cert should be here very soon :clapping: ......but it has left me feeling low & disappointed.

I was looking forward to it in a way as my childminding co-ordinator had said I was well prepared, my portfolio was great etc etc. My house was completely prepared & risk assessed and i'd even done some obs & planning from a settling in visit with little girl due to start as soon as i'm registered. But the lady who came was very negative and gave me no words of encouragement or reasurrance at all. She looked around the house and I showed her what i'd done (locks on cupboards, knives & cleaning stuff in high cupboard, bathroom cleared of razors, cleaning stuff etc etc and she "ummed" a bit and told me off for not having the liquid soap on the side of the sink instead of on the window sill. She then fired lots of questions at me which i feel i answered ok and showed a good basic knowledge of eyfs. At the end i asked if i'd done okay and she just smiled at me and told me that she'd be recommending me to be registered.

Just wondered if anyone else has had a visit like this? I thought part of the pre reg visit was to get advise and encouragement but there was not one positive comment made in the whole 2 hours. Am happy with the end result, but the experience has left me a little deflated if i'm honest! sorry to rant on!!

Marshmallow
09-03-2011, 06:45 PM
:happy banana: Hey Honey, you done good !
You know you can't please everyone !

Well done and welcome to our world:censored:

JoJo*
09-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Ahhh well done!!!:clapping:
Just think if you had it tough from the start and she still passed you your prob set for outstanding in the first inspections!
It soulds like i had a lucky escape! ive just passed my pre-reg interview too!:jump for joy:
xxx

kirstya
09-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Thanks Marshmallow! You're right!:) Can't wait to get started now - got an adorable 8month old LO waiting as soon as certificate comes through!:clapping:

missymood
09-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Well done :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Now you can join in the fun:laughing:

WibbleWobble
09-03-2011, 07:53 PM
yeah well done (yah boo sucks to her)

mandy xx

Katiekoo
09-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Well done you sound really well organised - you should be pleased with yourself.
I have found it difficult in this job, I come from a very competative work background so work really hard always to do my very best and by the book, but I've always had regular feedback and praise (where it's due) in previous work. I have found that Childminding doesn't always give you that kind of praise and feedback, the rewards come from those little faces grinning, having fun with the littlies and sometimes even from appreciative parents.
Good luck :D

kirstya
09-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Thank you all for your kind words - feeling much better now!:) I know what you mean Katiekoo - not that I wanted her to tell me how fantastic I am (I'm far from it!) but a couple of encouraging remarks would have done!! But i know that watching the LOs progress and seeing their little faces will mean more than any praise!

Congrats Jo-Jo on passing your pre-reg & I hope you're right about the outstanding!! Thanks to everyone on here as I have learnt so much and would be nowhere near as prepared without all the advise! Good luck to everyone else going through the registration process! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Blackcat
09-03-2011, 08:22 PM
well done hun xxxxxxx