PDA

View Full Version : hopefully to all our advantage!

moogster1a
09-03-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm writing an email to the iinformation commissioner about childminders having to register.
I've been given the manager's address and assured it will be passed to their lawyers to look a with a view to exemption.
I need your help to construct a good argument! We need to know why using a stand alone device such as a POgo needs to be registered ( I undersand that data is stored on the memory card until it's transferred and erased so how do we prove it's then gone for good?
we need an explanation of why old fashioned film is considered safe when it then goes to the chemist or is posted off and is then out of our hands for days on end, as opposed to printing our own suff which we have conrol over at all imes.
Please give me other examples!!
I don't want to hear from anyone who thinks registering is a good idea. That's a whole different subject!!

birch24
09-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Hi

I just think that it seems like a bit of a waste of money to pay this when all you are actually doing is paying to say you will keep all data confidential. Well I don't need to pay the money to be able to tell my parents I will keep all data confidential I have written it in my policies so that surely protects them as I have said I will!!:idea:

Does that make sense??

Pipsqueak
09-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Because Ofsted ensure that we adhere to confidentiality. We write our own policies.
Because we show the LJ's which contain these photos to Ofsted
Because if we were to keep/store ALL the photos we ever take we'd need NASA type computer storage systems
Just because we pay to say we will keep things safe..... what and how exactly does a payment ensure the safety and confidentiality of information?
What privilage are we paying for that we are not already doing.

mushpea
09-03-2011, 09:26 PM
because our local ncma paid for us all to have cameras now expect us to register them
beicause when i rang up and asked what the benifits were to me and the children in my care I was told there was none and when i asked what the money went towards i was told it was for the running of their office
because i have been crb checked
because ofsted deem me to be a responsible adult capible of caring for children
because the courses we do teach us about confidentiality
because when we register our address is avalible to any tom dick or harry who decides to request our details
because people can pay the ICO to aquire our details
because its a confidentiality as i dont want my details passed on to third partys
because we need to safegaurd the children in our care and by registering our details are avalible to anyone who asks for them and therefore are not safegaurding the children

Penny1959
09-03-2011, 09:27 PM
What do they do to help us keep information safe - ie they don't give us a special encoding program or test our systems to ensure safe (we pay for an MOT but the garage checks our car for safety - so we get something for our money)

We keep lots of other information safe in a paper format and although our computers could be hacked into - so could our homes be broken into.

We keep notebooks in our handbags, in our cars - all with contact details of children and their parents- these could get stolen or lost. We carry around emergency details where ever we go - these could fall into the wrong hands.

Just what is it we are protecting by paying the money and why every year - does renewing it somehow make it a smaller risk? If they want a list of who keeps information on a computer - then a one off fee would be more acceptable and for them to state that this is what we are paying for - to be on a list.

Penny :)

PS Not actually against being 'on a list' or paying a one off fee - but can't stand being told that paying this yearly fee somehow keeps the children safe.

Deb
09-03-2011, 09:29 PM
because it's completely bl*ody arbitrary when we have the child in our house, on our own anyway.

and all the above.