PDA

View Full Version : Free education

polly0
08-03-2011, 07:20 PM
One of my mindees that I have had since being a baby is now three years old. Mum asked me a few weeks ago if I could offer the 15 hours free education, I said I would find out. I asked my local authority and they have said that I have to be on the network and accredited for a minimum of 12 months. :eek: i have told mum this and she thinks she will now have to reduce her hours with me. I am so annoyed I dont mind joining the network but for a minimum of 12 months beforehand!!! I am in the middle of doing my Foundation Degree and now I am losing business:panic:

OrlandoBelle
08-03-2011, 07:30 PM
I am thinkking of becoming accredited too but did not know this :panic: Infact I haven't done any research into it yet. Is there any reason why you have to be accredited for so long? Did they give you a reason why?

polly0
08-03-2011, 09:27 PM
No, they gave me no reason and I am really cross as I am now losing business. If I had known it would be for so long I would have done it ages ago, really do not know why it has to be for so long, why can't they just come and assess you. I know I am more than capable of delivering education to a 3 -4 year old!!!

Pixie dust
08-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Every area has their own way of providing the funded sessions. We have to be a level 3 with at least a "GOOD" ofsted then we can provide the free sessions then there is a whole list of criteria to meet every year regarding training etc to keep in the network.

georgie456
08-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Every area has their own way of providing the funded sessions. We have to be a level 3 with at least a "GOOD" ofsted then we can provide the free sessions then there is a whole list of criteria to meet every year regarding training etc to keep in the network.

I agree. In our area, the criteria is the same as above.

polly0
08-03-2011, 09:55 PM
I get that they have a criteria to stick to, but having to be on it for a whole 12 months I find pointless especially when pre-schools dont have to go through all this, they just get assessed

flowerpots
08-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Hi Polly,

Have you asked if they will make any allowances as far as the 12month rule goes?

In my aea, you have to be part of the network and be accredited but they are a little bit flexible on the 12months. :)