PDA

View Full Version : child info help.

mr man
08-03-2011, 06:47 PM
i had my visit from my early years team, and all is great, im so pleased just need to work on the journals and gather more info about the children to put in them.

ive seen our councils 'child passport' info pack. im not overly keen on it, and tbh i have all that inof anyway, why spread that out into 15 FIFTEEN pages is beyond me. ( big fonts and large picstures etc)

well anyway i need to gather more info, now parents are lovely but are quick to leg it when picking up, which is fine. :laughing:

does anyone have a form or such with Questions and ideas for parents so thye can fill in and give me back. would you bee kind to share it ? please :D
thanks

Fraggle1
09-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Hiya luv!

What was this visit? Did you arrange it? Wonder if I will be getting a call soon :)

Anyway...I haven't got a form and my parents like to leg it too! lol What works for me is I fill in a diary which then goes in the mindee's daily bag, I've asked if they will inform me of any info. over night or over the 4 days he's not with me....milestones, abit off colour etc... then every 3 months I was thinking of sending a form for them to fill in to say what he can do etc... I am also thinking of sending a parent observation form home so if they notice anything major they can fill it in and send it back to me (the parents would do this).

Hope that helps a little....just easy as soon as they drop mindee off I look in the diary to see if they have written anything xx

mr man
09-03-2011, 11:11 PM
hi - its the development advisor who came out - i rang them as mel told me too, and i didnt know we had one.
plus our info got lost last year - :rolleyes: so i bet your another who got lost.
the early years team are suppose to be contacted from Ofsted to say ' such and such have registered' and then they arrange to come and meet us, and see where we are upto and what we may be missing - in the hope that then ofsted do come out - then we're all good to go and have all relevent - legal requirements.
well worth the call, i'll text you the number tomorrow - its a bit late now.
they are really busy but they ahd to fit me in, becasue of the mess up - and ofsted due out end of this month or possibly any day.

she coming back on monday to see the things i need to brush up on. hence the thread.

ive wrote things in my diaries for parents to see, and sign or write and comment, its hard casue even when asking for feedback, or even just a signature - its forgotten. lovely parents though - but jusr like us all busy, and im sure a signature or few commments in a book (im not too sure they read) is a lot to ask - or is it ????

miffy
10-03-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm not sure if this is what you mean but there's a parent questionnaire here that you could adapt

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/downloads.html

Miffy xx