PDA

View Full Version : old certificates

Helen79
08-03-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm just sorting through some of my paperwork and have so many old certificates of courses that I've done more than once like the 1st Aid and Safeguarding.

Just wondering what everyone does with old certificates, do you get rid of them when you update the course or keep them to prove you regularly update the courses?

mrsmaggy
08-03-2011, 12:53 PM
I keep them all in the loft with paperwork from children that have left!

sarah707
08-03-2011, 06:15 PM
I don't throw anything away! I keep them with all the other paperwork and have spoken to the children about making sure my care home has lots of storage :D

Mouse
08-03-2011, 06:17 PM
I keep them all in a folder.

rickysmiths
08-03-2011, 06:25 PM
I keep them along with everything else like the Insurance Certificates we have to keep for 50yrs :panic: Mind you I don't think I'll be bothered by then! :laughing: :laughing:

You can just see the Headlines '90yr old Chlidminder.....' :laughing: :laughing:

mama2three
08-03-2011, 06:33 PM
I leave them in date order in my portfolio - helps to pad it out!

alwaysright
09-03-2011, 12:28 AM
i shred mine! when i do a new safegauarding/first aid etc i just get rid of the old cert., only need a current one! hope we arent supposed to keep them!!

ORKSIE
09-03-2011, 07:33 AM
i shred mine! when i do a new safegauarding/first aid etc i just get rid of the old cert., only need a current one! hope we arent supposed to keep them!!

Same here....I dont keep old certs either, just the current one.
Dont keep old Ins certs either, just the current one.

So I may be doing it wrong too....but there's only so much papaerwork I can store:panic:

Hebs
09-03-2011, 07:36 AM
i keep mine to show the certs (esp ins and first aid) have not lapsed or have time gaps in them :D

ORKSIE
09-03-2011, 07:41 AM
i keep mine to show the certs (esp ins and first aid) have not lapsed or have time gaps in them :D

Oh well....No one has ever asked to see old ones, so im not gonna start now.:D

The only things I keep are Contracts and Accident/Incident and medication forms:) Oh and registers:thumbsup:

Hebs
09-03-2011, 07:43 AM
Oh well....No one has ever asked to see old ones, so im not gonna start now.:D

The only things I keep are Contracts and Accident/Incident and medication forms:) Oh and registers:thumbsup:

you might not need to

i just like to cover my back with EVERYTHING :laughing:

ORKSIE
09-03-2011, 07:46 AM
you might not need to

i just like to cover my back with EVERYTHING :laughing:

I dont blame ya Sis. It may well come back and bite me in the bum:laughing: :laughing:

PixiePetal
09-03-2011, 07:48 AM
I dont blame ya Sis. It may well come back and bite me in the bum:laughing: :laughing:

I do the same as you and have plenty of bum to bite! :laughing:

miffy
09-03-2011, 07:57 AM
I only keep old certificates between one inspection and the next, then I shred them!

Going to be doing a bit of that this weekend! :D

Miffy xx

ORKSIE
09-03-2011, 08:03 AM
and have plenty of bum to bite! :laughing:

and mee :laughing: :laughing:

sarah707
09-03-2011, 08:05 AM
Same here....I dont keep old certs either, just the current one.
Dont keep old Ins certs either, just the current one.

So I may be doing it wrong too....but there's only so much papaerwork I can store:panic:

Please keep your old insurance certificates... if someone decides to sue you in up to 21 years time for something that happened when they were with you as a child it will be useful to have them.

It happened at a nursery round the corner from me recently. A girl said she wanted to be a model but couldn't get work because of a scar which she suffered when in the nursery's care.

They produced the insurance certificate and attendance register for the child but couldn't find the accident form and last I heard they were in big trouble.

Hth :D

ORKSIE
09-03-2011, 08:19 AM
Please keep your old insurance certificates... if someone decides to sue you in up to 21 years time for something that happened when they were with you as a child it will be useful to have them.

It happened at a nursery round the corner from me recently. A girl said she wanted to be a model but couldn't get work because of a scar which she suffered when in the nursery's care.

They produced the insurance certificate and attendance register for the child but couldn't find the accident form and last I heard they were in big trouble.

Hth :D

Oh ok....Thanks for that Sarah:thumbsup:

xx