PDA

View Full Version : Toy library 'theft'....

jumpinjen
08-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Found out yesterday that the early years service round here is being moved from their current building due to costs, toy library has already been closed and the resources sent on 'long term loan' to 'settings'.

I am really cross...... no cm's were asked if we wanted anything on loan.... the toy library had £13,000 of grants and charity money last year and bought wonderful, very expensive resources with it, which we can no longer access now. I want to know how these settings were chosen, how they are being held accountable for the things they have, and whether it is even legal for EY to do this. If they had charity money and grants based on being accessible to all EY settings and benefiting children then who are they to just dole it out without any consultation. So unfair..... tempted to ring the paper and tell them, as EY are tight lipped about it to any of us.

Grrrrrr

Jenni

ORKSIE
08-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Thats terrible and very unfair.
Have you a Network Co ordinator you can speak to, she/he may be able to answer your questions.

Good luck :thumbsup:

mama2three
08-03-2011, 08:00 AM
Ours is closed too - but the resources etc are still all there just they cant get the volunteers to man it.
Not sure which is worse - at least someone is getting some benefit from yours - but childmingers should have definately been included in the allocation.

gigglinggoblin
08-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Thats really unfair. The Lancashire resource centre had to close too but cms were given the chance to ask for resources. They sent out a letter, we replied saying what we wanted and they gave stuff out, not necessarily what you asked for, bigger settings got more/bigger stuff. So if you do complain you can tell them it can be done to include cms too!

Mouse
08-03-2011, 08:52 AM
The same thing is happening here. The Early Years department is being merged with several other departments and there will be nowhere to store resources. The settings that already have the loan of equipment are being unofficially told to just keep them - that's nurseries & playgroups. Nothing was ever offered to childminders :( They're not being given them, they'll just never be asked for them back.

jumpinjen
08-03-2011, 09:20 AM
I don't think it's legal...... grants come with pages of conditions attached and a clawback clause usually too.... so if service closes within a certain timeframe the resources have to be 'disposed of' in a certain way. So unfair..... but as usual nurseries are valued more than us!

Jenni

Cammie Doodle
08-03-2011, 12:11 PM
I don't think it's legal...... grants come with pages of conditions attached and a clawback clause usually too.... so if service closes within a certain timeframe the resources have to be 'disposed of' in a certain way. So unfair..... but as usual nurseries are valued more than us!

Jenni

You are right about conditions,when a local out of schools club closed it had to donate items to a similar setting, do you think that is what has happened?

sillysausage
08-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Totally agree with you all!!

Mama2three made me laugh though with her accidental spelling mistake. I hope you're not making disparaging comments about us all lol!

Ours is closed too - but the resources etc are still all there just they cant get the volunteers to man it.
Not sure which is worse - at least someone is getting some benefit from yours - but childmingers should have definately been included in the allocation.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mama2three
08-03-2011, 01:40 PM
whoops! just poor typing or a freudian slip - who knows!:blush: