PDA

View Full Version : Using baby wipes

hbomb1
22-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Just had a thought :idea:

My daughter (20 months) has just finished her lunch and I have just wiped her hands and face with a baby wipe. Do you think I will need a policy to say that I use baby wipes to clean child after meals??

What do you guys do?

Helen :)

ma7ie
22-04-2008, 11:13 AM
I have a permission form which covers things like babywipes, dressings etc so I'm covered.

sarah707
22-04-2008, 11:15 AM
My permission form allows me to use baby wipes as well - I state they will be hypoallergenic fragrance free. :D

fionamal
22-04-2008, 11:26 AM
I use baby wipes as well.

Didnt think we needed permission for that :eek:

berkschick
22-04-2008, 11:29 AM
I use them but the parents provide them.

I have 6 0 - 2 on my books aswell as my own 20 month daughter so I have no chance of getting a packet that suits them all!

ma7ie
22-04-2008, 11:33 AM
I use baby wipes as well.

Didnt think we needed permission for that :eek:

I just get permission for my own peace of mind. If the parent supplies them it may not be necessary but don't quote me on that.:)

sarah707
22-04-2008, 11:40 AM
I get permission because I read it on someone's Ofsted inspection report (I'm sad and sit and read them sometimes) that they didn't have permission and were failing to keep children healthy.

I'm sure if parents provide them and you never use your own and have them labelled up then you'll be fine! :D

ma7ie
22-04-2008, 11:43 AM
I get permission because I read it on someone's Ofsted inspection report (I'm sad and sit and read them sometimes) that they didn't have permission and were failing to keep children healthy.

I'm sure if parents provide them and you never use your own and have them labelled up then you'll be fine! :D

I'm sad too. I looked at loads of reports that my Ofsted inspector had done before she came out last week so I could be a good girl and not do the things she critisised.:D

venus89
22-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Actually I think that's a really good idea, because I bet every OFSTED inspector has their own bugbears. I am hereby going to join the ranks of sad people and read OFSTED reports of other people.....:clapping:

Delly
22-04-2008, 11:58 AM
I use individual face cloths instead of wipes, each child gets their own colour.

hbomb1
22-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks for all your replies.

Think I will now go and create a permission form just to cover myself.

PS. I also sit and read through Ofsted reports.... Sad I know! :p

:)

Noodles
22-04-2008, 12:08 PM
I use the wipes that parents provide:)

Tickles
22-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Hi, all my parents provide wipes for their own children.

Never heard of the care commission requesting us getting permission etc & just had my new inspection & they didnt look at any of my permission forms!

Rubybubbles
22-04-2008, 12:16 PM
I use individual face cloths instead of wipes, each child gets their own colour.

this is what I do, beause often the parents don't put enough wipes in for a day anyway:rolleyes:

I do have permission slips for wipes yes

And yes, I do read other Ofsted reports I think It's a fab way to see how you can improve,

devoncm
22-04-2008, 12:18 PM
I use wipes on all children

I havent got a permission form though

Most parents so far provide them though so didnt think it mattered and they stay in there own bag untill needed though my after school mindee although they are in his bag he just helps himself to my ones anyway

susi513
22-04-2008, 01:08 PM
I don't have a permission form for this. I only use wipes provided by the parent and I rarely use them after meals unless we're out and no washing facilities.

At home we use paper towels or fleece wipes to get the worst off then its a bathroom run (upstairs unfortunately) to get thoroughly clean. I've refilled an old pampers wipes plastic box with washable fleece wipes for mindees to use once only then they put them in the laundry bin.

www.babykind.co.uk/wipes.htm#washablewipes
http://babyoka.co.uk/junior-joy-reuseable-washable-wipes-pack-of-36/p-760

Then they choose a story each while I clean the tables (keeps them all together on the mat instead of spreading the food all round the room).