PDA

View Full Version : Business Plan - delay in passing it!

hbomb1
22-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi all,

I received my Ofsted Certificate about 10 days ago and duly forwarded a copy to my local Family Information Services/Early years Dept, as requested. They in turn then complete paperwork for my NCMA purple pack, fire blanket and insurance.

I have been chasing and chasing and have finally today spoken to someone who advises that they are still waiting for the business development officer to check my business plan and pass it. Apparently the guy who deals with this has been on holiday. The business plan was given to my development officer on 26th March - he must have had some holiday = 4 weeks! :angry: :angry:

i just feel like crying. I feel as though my paperwork is sat at the bottom of a big pile of papers on someone's desk! I have got my certificate, all my policies and parent handouts are ready and now I am having to wait again (after waiting 5 weeks for CRB checks) for my insurance and purple pack! I just want to start my business. Already lost one potential mindee because of all the delays.

Has anyone else encountered similar delays?

I just needed to vent my frustration, sorry.

Helen :(

sarah707
22-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Why on earth won't they insure you? I really do not understand.

If Ofsted are happy for you to be registered, what has it got to do with the NCMA?

They are not the only insurers, Morton Michel have an excellent policy.

http://www.*****************/child/intro.htm

angeldelight
22-04-2008, 10:38 AM
I am also unsure why they wont insure you Helen

Hope you dont wait long now

Angel xx

hbomb1
22-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Even though I have been a childminder before and I resigned, I am now being classed as a new childminder again which therefore makes me eligible for the start up grant (I don't receive anything else from the government so thought why not take advantage again :laughing: ). My local early years only insure new minders through NCMA and they won't send off the paperwork until my business plan has been approved. (I simply updated my last one from 2005 and gave them that, so it should be passed straightaway!).

I actually prefer MM having compared it with NCMA so my plan is to get funding through my early years for 12 months and then change to MM. I sometimes feel as though I shouldn't have been greedy in asking for the start up grant again as I probably could have been minding by now, but like I said I have never had anything from the government other than child benefit.

I know I should be more patient but I just want everything now! :laughing:

My development officer said she will chase it again today and I should hopefully have my purple pack by Friday....mmmmm we shall see.

Helen :)

angeldelight
22-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Oh I understand now Helen

I did the same actually myself when I had a break a few years back for a short time

What a pain though you would think it would be simple because you had used them before

Hope they sort it asap for you - keep on at them

Angel xx