PDA

View Full Version : iv been home 13 mins....

Louise0208
07-03-2011, 03:50 PM
and iv already closed the back door 14 times!

i love the sun but its at that stage where the door needs to be kept closed still & the kids just dont know the meaning of 'close the door behind you' :rolleyes:

KIDS!!!!!! :laughing: :laughing: ;)

whinge over :p

messyplay
07-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Thought about getting them to use the cat flap:laughing:

mufftie
07-03-2011, 04:21 PM
I know what you mean I've got 4 doors that lead outside and none if them get shut drives me potty :angry:

charleyfarley
07-03-2011, 04:50 PM
It's just the same here although my hubby is just as bad for leaving the doors open :laughing:

Carol xx

mushpea
07-03-2011, 05:02 PM
its been lovely here and i have only just shut the door to the garden and they are still outside playing,,, if they dont shut the door here then they either stay in or go out not in and out cause i refuse to keep shutting doors behind children who are quite capable of doing it themselves

The Juggler
07-03-2011, 05:53 PM
i have to leave mine open as the littlies (3/4) are too young to be left with door shut. When I was still cooking teas last year I would cook with my coat on :laughing: :laughing:

merry
07-03-2011, 06:16 PM
The babies and toddlers have to stay where I am so after school I'm usually making tea then listening for the parents arriving so we stay inside, they play out during the day instead. I can't see all my garden from the kitchen so don't feel happy about letting under 5's out without me. The older ones can go out, there's a patio door into conservatory, then the back door. Back door stays open, patio door stays closed to keep heat and little ones inside. Someone usually comes in telling tales every 5 minutes until I threaten that the next one to open the door without a very good reason is not going back out, that usually does the trick :laughing:

:)

SamBaker
07-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Thought about getting them to use the cat flap:laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I like that :laughing:

Cammie Doodle
07-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Im the guilty one here for having the door (and windows) open. Hubby said to our son on the phone today, "Your Mother is happy, sun shining, doors and windows wide open " :blush: I drive everyone mad

Deb
07-03-2011, 10:05 PM
I have the doors open as soon as it's spring, the teens complain; but they complain about everything.

mushpea
08-03-2011, 07:15 AM
Im the guilty one here for having the door (and windows) open. Hubby said to our son on the phone today, "Your Mother is happy, sun shining, doors and windows wide open " :blush: I drive everyone mad

glad its not just me,, i love this time of year and as soon as the sun is out and spring arrives the doors are open

sweets
08-03-2011, 08:25 AM
i love havin mine open for a few hours too!

i was out with some minders yesterday morn and said i couldnt wait to get home and open the patio doors, they were horrified and said it was far too cold yet :eek:
but i love fresh air! yes it makes the house cold but after a while its nice to shut them and whack the heating on. i feel like its had a change of air.

Winnie
08-03-2011, 08:57 AM
you open door people are mad :laughing: its freeeezing out there:eek:
(not working today) but all mine are under 18 mths so the door stays firmly shut to keep the heat in- when we go into the garden i shut the door behind me so we have a nice warm playroom to come back into :thumbsup:

maryp0ppins
08-03-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm always cold, My doors stay closed until the warmed weather comes. I spent 80% of yesterday outside as we went to the park all morning came in for lunch 1 LO went down for a sleep and we all played in the garden most of the afternoon till 4.30-5. It was nice to come into a warm room after our play outside and I too hate it when doors are left open!!

The sun may be out but it's still BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR cold

Cammie Doodle
08-03-2011, 11:59 AM
We are out again today, wrapped up but its sooooo lovely to be out instead of being stuck in a stuffy house . Love it , long may it continue . To be fair it is warmer out in the sun than in my shaded lounge today :)