PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Equipment

Jo&BabyDillon
07-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

As the weather is lovely today i have been thinking alot about my back garden.

I have a field near enough and want to make it child heaven, but i have 2 x 1 year old a 2 year old, 5 year old and 7 year old.

Has anyone got any ideas on how i can make it great fun but to incorporate all the age groups?

Also I want to buy a swing set and slide any idea where the best place to go is?

Thanks

Jo

sarah707
07-03-2011, 06:12 PM
I would keep your eyes open at car boot sales and in the free ads / second hand sections of papers for a slide set - they do come up from time to time.

:D

mama2three
07-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Id love a huge garden!
Firstly id have a sensory area , smelly plants , windchimes........
A den building area with loads of branches etc to supplement with boxes , blankets etc
A mini allotment for the children to dig and grow their own veggies..
a path / track/ ride-ons area
Dug-in tramploine and sandpit
Outdoor easels , or just paper fastened to the fence...
The usual slides , climbers etc
And still room left over for football / cricket and running around til theyre dizzy!

gegele
07-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Id love a huge garden!
Firstly id have a sensory area , smelly plants , windchimes........
A den building area with loads of branches etc to supplement with boxes , blankets etc
A mini allotment for the children to dig and grow their own veggies..
a path / track/ ride-ons area
Dug-in tramploine and sandpit
Outdoor easels , or just paper fastened to the fence...
The usual slides , climbers etc
And still room left over for football / cricket and running around til theyre dizzy!

same plus 2chicken lol

gazanne
07-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Hi Kath, I got a large wooden ( round log style ) one with a bumpy slide, it has a swing and space to add another if you want to and it was delivered next day for £150. It is higher than usual so the swing will swing higher IYSWIM. Your quite welcome to come and see it if you want to. I have had a go on it so its sturdy. Anne

gazanne
07-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Sorry Kath having a blonde moment there, got it in my head that was your post.:blush:

mama2three
07-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Sorry Kath having a blonde moment there, got it in my head that was your post.:blush:

:laughing: :laughing:
might come for a go on the swing though !

ZoeAlli
07-03-2011, 10:01 PM
I am presently making over my garden and have been doing some research ( also using the makeover for my essay), so have found some helpful information ( unfortunately read soo much can't remember where I found it all :blush: ).
Anyway yesterday I came across this, it has some ideas for outdoor play resources etc.
http://www.learningwithsouthglos.org/eyfs/acrobat/resources/outdoorplay.pdf

Also, last year I was looking at swing sets and came across this one, which I thought was a reasonable price for what you get
http://www.waltons.co.uk/plum-gibbon

HTH:)