PDA

View Full Version : variation..help!!!

greanan
06-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Hi everyone. Needing some advice. On a tues, wed and thurs afternoon i currently have 3 under 5's. I had a new wee one start a few months back but only on a friday as he is only 7months and one of the other littlies that i have every day apart from a fri arent yet one. Mum asked if i would be able to take him the tues, wed n thurs afternoons as soon as other littlie turned a year and i agreed. Obviously wasnt thinking as this would mean I will 4 under 5's on these days. Am I able to apply for a variation for these 3 days?? Never applied for one before so not sure if you can only ask for it for occassional days?? Hope this makes sense. xx

rickysmiths
06-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Yes you are because it is Continuety of care for the little one.

greanan
06-03-2011, 10:23 PM
great, so i can apply for variation to have 4 under 5's for three afternoons every week?? Are they granted there and then or do they take a while to make deccission?? thanks x x

Carls
06-03-2011, 11:28 PM
I have just applied for exactly the same! I started to care for a 7 mthold just on a friday and grandparents were gonna have him the other days but A few weeks into the care, grandparents situation changed and I had to apply for a variation to have 4 children 3 and under all day Monday Wednesday and thursday morning.
I wasnt sure they would agree but 2 weeks later they granted it! Yippee - more money!!!!

mushpea
07-03-2011, 07:10 AM
they can take up to two weeks then if you havent heard ring them,,, I applied for one and rang a week later to confirm they had recived the paperwork and they did mine over the phone although i had to wait for the certificate to arrive before i could have all 4 children.