PDA

View Full Version : question? mindees names in diaries

miss muffit
22-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Hi silly question really..but i must ask...

Can we name other mindees from another family into another mindees diary?

eg: "Anna was playing happily with Jane today" or should their names stay cofidentual?

Thanks
Kaz :)

Blaze
22-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Personally I just put the intial ie Anna played with J today.

SimplyLucy
22-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Personally I wouldn't name another child, even thought it's quite obvious who the other child is!

I just put for example "Billy played nicely with the other child/ren today" or "Billy and another child played with the train set and shared nicely"

You can't name another child in you accident book so I treat diaries the same way.

angeldelight
22-04-2008, 09:57 AM
I do yes

At the end of the day it would be silly if I did not

My parents all see and speak to each other now and they all know each others children and ask when its their birthday etc........so what am I supposed to say " oh sorry I cant let you write their name on the birthday card although you already know it "?

My children run up to mom at the end of the day and say " I have been playing with so and so and guess what so and so did "
Again what should we do ? Say they cant use their names? So it is only the same as in their diary

Nothing personal or private though which is common sense anyway and of course not in the accident book or anything

The world has gone crazy

Angel xx

miss muffit
22-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks ...the world and childminding has go really crazy...b*****
paperwork !!!

Kaz :)

angeldelight
22-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Yep you said it Kaz

Angel xx

sarah707
22-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Since I only have 2 children during the bulk of most days, it is fairly obvious who is here! Even so, I am careful about confidentiality... but I must admit it's a bit daft sometimes! :rolleyes:

ma7ie
22-04-2008, 10:33 AM
I name children in my diary too. I don't think giving out first names is a problem and Ofsted didn't mention it at my inspection. :D

christine e
22-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Hi
I use first names only - Ofsted Inspector had a really good read of diaries and didn't comment
Christine

Tickles
22-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Hi, yes i put first names in & havent had any problems with it. it's nice for parents to read

son77
22-04-2008, 01:13 PM
I too have used names in diaries & ofsted didnt bat an eyelid.