PDA

View Full Version : To do list

rainbowsplash
06-03-2011, 07:16 PM
hi all

Sorry I am asking lots of questions at the moment, just want to make sure I am doing everything right.

I should have a mum coming back this week to sign contracts, my first mindees :)

I have prepared a "to do" list, but mind has goe blank, please would someone mind having a look and letting me know if there is anything else I NEED to do.

Phone Tax Office and register business
Register with the Information Commisioners Office
Register with environmental Health
Inform Tax credits (for myself)

Thanks

xx

Mykidsrock
06-03-2011, 08:05 PM
If your planning on paying NI (this is dependent upon wages and you do not have to pay class 2 contribution's if you are on a low wage - but bear in mind if you do not pay, you cannot claim sick pay later on at some stage if you are ill through the benefit office) then they will also need contacting so you can set up a direct debit its about £10-12 a month. Inland Revenue should provide you with a link for this.

If you have your certificate then id send a copy of this to your local council who advise of childminders as they are reliant on Ofsted sending them to them so they can add you to their database and Ofsted can at times be a little slow with this. Give them a ring first to check to see if they have been advised by Ofsted of your registration.

Good luck with getting your contracts signed - here's to some happy minding years ahead of you!

Jess xx

rainbowsplash
06-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Thanks I am going to register for tax as soon as I register the business, have just been reading about this.

I sent the forms off and copies of certificates to go on the FIS database about a week ago so hopefully should hear back from them soon :)

Thanks for your help