PDA

View Full Version : Proctor and Gamble COSHH sheets

onceinabluemoon
06-03-2011, 07:38 AM
HI I've been searching for COSHH sheets this morning after reading we were supposed to have them (cant remember who said that, sorry). I found all Proctor and Gamble (cleaning products, laundry etc) ones in one place here:

http://www.uk.pg.com/products/safetyDataSheets/houseAndHome.html

Thought it may save others hours of looking for them.

If anybody else has a link to other manufacturers I would be glad to have it :)

xx

Pixie dust
06-03-2011, 08:37 AM
thanks for the link :thumbsup: it's all the ones I use.

messyplay
06-03-2011, 09:08 AM
thanks for that

green puppy
06-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks for sharing.:)

flowerpots
06-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Do we need to print and keep in a file or can we just file on the comp?

Thank you for sharing. :D

kirstya
06-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks for sharing. It was next on my "to do" list so that is great!:)

Sarahbelle
06-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Have I missed something? Who has said we have to have COSSH Sheets?:panic:

FussyElmo
06-03-2011, 12:45 PM

We dont have to have them however it be seen as good practise if you do :thumbsup:

The Juggler
06-03-2011, 01:13 PM
I am in the 'i won't be doing them camp' :blush: :blush: sorry but I have enough paperwork already.

rickysmiths
06-03-2011, 01:21 PM

That is a good question.

rickysmiths
06-03-2011, 01:56 PM
We dont have to have them however it be seen as good practise if you do :thumbsup:

But who has said this and what would you actually use them for?

The emergency services wouldn't be interested in them and you keep all your hazardous chemicals if you have them, way out of reach, and Risk Assess to that end, so there isn't going to be an incident concerning them anyway.

I don't think on a domedtic premesis they are needed and we are not trained how to gather the correct information or how to use it anyway. In a company you will find a member staff who is trained and responsible for keeping the records of any dangerous substances. It is mainly kept incase there is a major spill or a spill of a dangerous chemical that could cause fumes or burning.

One would hope that as a childminder you would keep any such chemicals, bleech is the main one or dishwasher fluid or tabs which should be kept in a locked cupboard or well out of reach. Any paint, garden chemicals are the same, locked in a shed or garage or ina cupboard locked or well out of reach.
We Risk Assess the risk and our actions to minimise it and that is all we are required to do.

Why create even more paperwork and open oursleves up to criticism for not doing it correctly.

onceinabluemoon
06-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Oh dear, looks like I've goofed again :(

rickysmiths
06-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Oh dear, looks like I've goofed again :(

No yoou haven't goofed. It is a helpful link for those who wish to keep these sheets.

It is just I think that there are a few of us now who are beginning to really question the sense of this additional paperwork thats all.

I am compiling a list for Ofsted at the moment, my inspection is overdue! It has things on it like:

Why and for whom do we have to display our Ofsted Reg Certificates?

Why do we have to display our Insurance Cert?

Why do we have to carry on with EYFS from the July in the year the child is five even if they are five in August because the school delivers the lions share of EYFS and they have completed their Profile by the June which marks the end of EYFS?

Why can assistants be alone with children on the Childcare Register outside my house but not inside?

Why are we advised to have a Visitors Book. Who is it for and what purpose does it serve?

etc, etc,etc. I am fed up with all the stupid things that keep coming up and adding to our paperwork and stress and are very often hearsay as well. \we have enough to do and at the end of the day I am Contracted by the childrens parents to give them Home from Home care to the best standard I can. Without blowing my own trumpet :blush: I have been doing this for 17yrs, |I have always done training to update my skills and keep on top of new legislation etc but there are only so many hours in the day and I do like to spend some time with my family!

If more of us stand up for ourselves and question these things then the more likely there is that there will be a change. If we sit back and accept them all without question some minion in an office trying to justify their job, who has no real idea about what cms do, will continue to add these nonsense rules.

Sorry didn't mean to take over your thread. Rant over. :blush:

onceinabluemoon
06-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Sorry didn't mean to take over your thread. Rant over. :blush:

Its ok, you're right.

TBH I've almost had enough of childminding and all that it entails anyway so I have no idea why I'm making more work for myself.

Luckily I only printed out four so they can just go right into the recycling bin.

FussyElmo
06-03-2011, 03:58 PM
But who has said this and what would you actually use them for?

My do mentioned it - she didnt say I had to do it but that it was an examole of going that little bit further.

If I did do them they would be stuck in a folder and never looked at again :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

However dh works in a care home and sometimes he will bring one home to show me and there are certain products I will never use again.

Blackcat
06-03-2011, 08:12 PM
thanks hunx xxx

babs
06-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Its ok, you're right.

TBH I've almost had enough of childminding and all that it entails anyway so I have no idea why I'm making more work for myself.

Luckily I only printed out four so they can just go right into the recycling bin.

NOOO dont put them in the bin give them the children to draw on the other side then recycle in LJ......:D then you still have paperwork:laughing: