PDA

View Full Version : training directory

jaja
22-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Has anyone recieved their training directory? i still havent and another childminder in my village has, i need to know the details for the eyfs course in may in my area. if anyone knows of any or knows who to contact to find out could you please let me know, thanks

xx

anneriddington
22-04-2008, 01:21 PM
I have mine Jennie, you need to contact Sue Otter ant the Birth to Five Service (01522) 587570.
I have the dates for the EYFS trainings where do you want to go, Skegness, Lincoln, Woodhall Spa, Sleaford or Spalding?

littletreasures
22-04-2008, 05:47 PM
I've got mine for Sutton Early Years and guess what?

Most of the courses I would like to do are during the day, so what am I supposed to do with my 3 under 2's. I can't afford to take a day off to do them. It's not fair. We complained about this last year, they don't seem to realise that as childminders we work during the day!!!

littletreasures

jaja
22-04-2008, 06:35 PM
I have mine Jennie, you need to contact Sue Otter ant the Birth to Five Service (01522) 587570.
I have the dates for the EYFS trainings where do you want to go, Skegness, Lincoln, Woodhall Spa, Sleaford or Spalding?

Hi It would have to be Lincoln as i would get lost going anywhere else! are there any on a sat in may? To be able to go in the week i would need someone to have my lo, so its out of the question, why carnt they do these at night instead, especially due to our jobs!! thanks for information:littleangel:

Lincsminder
22-04-2008, 07:37 PM
I have had a really good look through and only 14% of the courses/workshops are in my town and only 1 or 2 of these are on a Sat. It has been suggested to set aside training days (week days)which would mean the parents would have to find alternate care, then I would have to find some one to have my ds after school and pay another minder to have my other 2 children for a whole day and I can't really afford to do that.

buildingblocks
24-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi It would have to be Lincoln as i would get lost going anywhere else! are there any on a sat in may? To be able to go in the week i would need someone to have my lo, so its out of the question, why carnt they do these at night instead, especially due to our jobs!! thanks for information:littleangel:

I would complain to your early years are you Lincolnshire or NE Lincs. Ring your local authority and get hte contact number and ring them and complain. If you don't let them know they are inconvenient times they can;t do anything about it.

We are lucky as our EYFS trainunbgs run through the day and they do cater sort of for childminders as they hold them at 6.30 - 8.30pm okay for me as I live just down the road but my friedn lives 20 miles away so only just gets there in time