PDA

View Full Version : Child Emergancy Cards

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
05-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Do we have to carry an emergancy card with us for each child?

If so what details must be on them and do we include a photo of the child?

SYLVIA
05-03-2011, 10:33 PM
I have slips of paper with name, date of birth , immunisations and allergies on it. It says I am out with my childminder, in case of an accident please ring mum/dad and there numbers. These are laminated and hole punched. I keep them on a keyring and change them according to how I have with me

BlondeMoment
05-03-2011, 10:42 PM
I had a card wallet thing with a little id card for each of my mindees with contact details on. Then my childminding co ordinator told me this was a breach of confidentiality :eek:

Ya can't win so just do what you think lol

mrs_scottydog
05-03-2011, 11:16 PM
I was advised by my DO not to carry child's details or photos but to put that I'm a childminder and also my emergency childminder's contact details so that she could get in touch with parents in an emergency. As BlondeMoment said it is to do with confidentiality. Who knows which way is really correct as everyone has different opinions. Hx

wendywu
05-03-2011, 11:35 PM
I thought that it was in the statutory requirements that we carry on us the childs details, contact details and permission to seek medical assistance.

Mine have the childs photo on. :)

BlondeMoment
05-03-2011, 11:49 PM
I thought that it was in the statutory requirements that we carry on us the childs details, contact details and permission to seek medical assistance.

It's so hard when there is conflicting advise all over the place. Think we all just got to do what we think. I now just have a card like Mrs Scottydoo saying I'm a childminder and to contact my emergency back up if anything should happen to me

wendywu
06-03-2011, 12:16 AM
You need to read through the statutory requirements in your EYFS pack. This sets out what you must do and must have by law.

If you dont then Ofsted will pull you up on it and could mark you down.

I need to go through this again and alter some of my policies, this is also the reason i have altered and renewed my own cards. :)

rickysmiths
06-03-2011, 12:33 AM
I carry a mini album 2.5" x 3.5". I have a photo of each child in my care with 3 slips.

1. Has the childs name, , parents numbers and Emergency name and contat number. What days and hours they are in my care and what days hours they go to pre-school/nursery/school with their contact number.

2. Childs name, dob, NHS number, Dr name and phone number and the magic phrase I give permission to ..... to administer First Aid, seek medical advise or take my child to hospital. This is signed by the parent.

3. A copy of all my Permissions signed by the parents.

In the front is a photo of me with my children, my address and phone numbers and my emergency contact. Also my chidrens school with the classes they are in and a phone number.

I started doing this years ago because I was walking home from school one day with a multitude of children of all ages, colours etc and it occured to me that if there were an accident no one would have a clue how to contact anyone or who to contact :eek: All the children who are old enough from about 2yrs know I always have my Blue book and my phone in my pocket.

kats
06-03-2011, 06:46 AM
I have a little book with my name and details in and the same for all the children i mind i also have a little photo of them all, i have got all the parents to sign a form to say that they are happy with me carrying details and photots of their children around with me, what can ofsted say if the parents have given their consent in writing??? :)

Newbie1!
06-03-2011, 07:38 AM
I carry a mini album 2.5" x 3.5". I have a photo of each child in my care with 3 slips.

Where abouts did you get this from love? I saw this on a thread you had posted on before and thought it was a good idea but havent been able to find an album that size :blush: :blush: xx

The Juggler
06-03-2011, 08:33 AM

It is and this just highlights how much DO's know :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Mind you same could be said about the statutory requirements as this requirement is so clearly in breach of ICO rules:panic: :panic: :rolleyes:

but I carry the cards (no photos) as I'm not getting marked down.

rainbowsplash
06-03-2011, 08:56 AM
This is so confusing we were told on our Cypop course to put photos on as how would anyone know who each child was if you had a handful of children with you and you were unconcious for any reason? Mine are designed with pics but don't know what to do now :S

lma
06-03-2011, 10:57 AM
I carry a card for each child and on it is a photo of the child however I did ask the parents permission to do this and they were all fine with it. On it is also all the emergency details for each child, dob, hom/mobile for parent etc.
On the back I also put the phrase that i'm allowed to seek medical treatment....yada yada and got the parent to sign it and it's laminated and attached to my purse on the keyring so I always have it close to hand.

I also did one for my own 2 children as they're always with me and I didnt want them left with no one to collect them if something did happen to me.

I also created similar parents cards for them to carry in their purse/wallet incase something happened to them so I could be notified and arrange for someone to collect child.

Also I have the ICE (in case of emergency) in my mobile if for some reason the medics cant find my purse and cards however I do remind the children that I carry their details and what to do if anything happens to me. (touch wood)

wendywu
06-03-2011, 12:54 PM
I suppose the best thing to do is never to leave the house :laughing:

rickysmiths
06-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Where abouts did you get this from love? I saw this on a thread you had posted on before and thought it was a good idea but havent been able to find an album that size :blush: :blush: xx

From Company called Creative Memories. They do Party Plan but if you google them and go to the web site you should be able to find someone near you and they will usually order stuff without having a party. Wearabouts are you? Pm me I may have some in stock and be able to send one to you.

candy cat
06-03-2011, 09:52 PM
we are told not to do it ....in my car I have my photo of me and on back explain i am a CM and in an emergency call this number (my partner)who has a list of emergency numbers......Mrs o said this was better as I wasn't carrying personal details around......wish they would all sing from same hymn sheet!

rickysmiths
06-03-2011, 09:57 PM
we are told not to do it ....in my car I have my photo of me and on back explain i am a CM and in an emergency call this number (my partner)who has a list of emergency numbers......Mrs o said this was better as I wasn't carrying personal details around......wish they would all sing from same hymn sheet!

Well Mrs O should read EYFS. It says clearly that we have to carry emergency contact details for all our children.

I don't know why people are so against it. Anyway in 17yrs I ahve never had to use it, nor has anyone else and I have never lost the childrens infor either.
However I will continue to carry the book I have which Mrs O complimented me on, because with a vareity of children in my care at different times I think it is important that I have them.

The Juggler
06-03-2011, 10:02 PM
I suppose the best thing to do is never to leave the house :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i think you are right. close ALL the schools now.:laughing: :laughing:

rickysmiths I'm with you. how can mrs o NOT even know the statutory requirements for heavens sake. Yes, it could breach confidentiality but how can ICO berate us for that when the big O have made it a statutory requirement.:panic:

babs
06-03-2011, 10:22 PM
ive just redone mine , i have pic of child their name .dob, a statement that says i have no known allergies ( if they do write on) . i am with my childminder in case of emergency contact mum xxx on or dad xxx on or nan etc ... on back says i give permission for any emergency medical advice or treatment to be given to my child as considered necessary by medical authorities present.. Parents signature date ... then parent signs under..

doctors address and tele number
then extra contacts for that child if i have more ....

i also carry on for me saying i am a childminder and the children with me are not my own please contact...xxxxxx on xxxxxx i known no known allergies and my doctors address and number and any medication im on....

also do one for parents saying my name is xxxxx my child/ ren are with their childminder xxxxx please on contact her on xxxxx

when i had my inspection she thought my cards were a great idea....