PDA

View Full Version : SEF

angiemog
05-03-2011, 09:08 PM
I have a friend who manages a nursery she has received an email to say SEFs have been discontinued. Has anyone else heard this? She said she will send me the link. x

PixiePetal
05-03-2011, 09:30 PM
have heard that for maintained nurseries but not for us.................yet :rolleyes:

lou lou
06-03-2011, 11:40 AM
when i visited my little girls school last september they said to me the sef was being discontinued but have heard nothing for childminders yet

nicoleon
06-03-2011, 12:15 PM
I spent hours doing mine, if they decide not to look at it, I'll be rather cross!

madredann
06-03-2011, 02:37 PM
SEF although they are a pain and time consuming to do I think they are a good way to evaluate your provision the best thing about it is that before OFSTED visit they ring and ask if you have completed one if you have they get a copy read it and when they come out they look for evidence to support your SEF I had my inspection the other week and it didnt take long and this was down to her having read the SEF, seeing the evidence that I had out to show her and her asking some questions- so definately a good thing-I hope they do not get rid of it-who wants inspectors hanging around all day lol x That said make sure you keep it updated and submit it. (Im sure others have negative experiences too, that is just mine)