PDA

View Full Version : i just bought a womery

mushpea
05-03-2011, 02:42 PM
ive just bought this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110655478751&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

i have wanted one for ages but they were all so expensive but this is a bargin and all because its just different colours,,,, dont suppose the children will care what colour it is,,,, we have an allotment and so I can teach the children how to make the compost to grow the veg in.
cant wait to get our pet worms:clapping:

manjay
05-03-2011, 02:43 PM
We love our worms! They work very hard:thumbsup:

mushpea
05-03-2011, 02:53 PM
We love our worms! They work very hard:thumbsup:

oh glad you replied,,do you mind if i ask a few quick questions please?
what do they need for their bedding to start with
how long do they take to make the compost
how many worms did you have in yours to start off with

thanks

manjay
05-03-2011, 02:59 PM

thanks

They are difficult questions as we have had ours for about 4 years. We usually empty the compost once a year but the juice(if that's what you can call it) comes off regularly. I get our extra bits and pieces from wiggly wigglers and that is also where I bought our start up package from. If you google there is loads of tips on what is best to put in and what not to put in:thumbsup:

Stormy
05-03-2011, 03:21 PM
This looks really good, does it have to stand on the garden or can it stand on a patio?

manjay
05-03-2011, 03:25 PM
This looks really good, does it have to stand on the garden or can it stand on a patio?

Anywhere! Mine has legs but that one looks like it is on a base. Where the tap is is the bottom tray. It doesn't need to be on grass/soil to work

Twinkles
05-03-2011, 03:50 PM

thanks

:D I have visions of tiny little blankets and pillows and all the worms snuggling down for the night.

Sorry..........I'll shut up now :p

mushpea
05-03-2011, 04:32 PM
:D I have visions of tiny little blankets and pillows and all the worms snuggling down for the night.

Sorry..........I'll shut up now :p

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

couldnt think what else to call it,, have googled and all seems pretty simple,,, Ihope it can stand on patio as we are all either patio or block paved,, am sure it can though

manjay
05-03-2011, 05:48 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

couldnt think what else to call it,, have googled and all seems pretty simple,,, Ihope it can stand on patio as we are all either patio or block paved,, am sure it can though

It's fine on a patio. Our normal compost bin has to stand on soil as it uses the worms that are already in the ground. You put ones in the wormery.

Steer clear of onions. They really don't like them:D

Stormy
07-03-2011, 10:00 AM
I just bought one too. I waited till today as I wanted to call them as I had a few queries.
Hopefully should be with me tomorrow.
Thanks for posting the link, I have wanted one for ages and they were too expensive but this is great value and i think the colours look ok. :)

rachelle
07-03-2011, 11:20 AM
We've got the wiggly wigglers can of worms - the kids love it. The worms like coffee grains and tea leaves but can't be bothered with onion! We have a cut out of carpet stuff to cover them over with in the winter to keep them warm - bless!

Ours are on concerte. The only thing I have found is that it's helpful to leave the tap open if we get prolonged, heavy rain as the worms have no boats or armbands!

There's a photo of ours here: http://flavormagazinevirginia.com/in-the-garden-wriggle-your-way-to-gold/

Kids are my own so no probs posting!:)

manjay
07-03-2011, 11:29 AM
We've got the wiggly wigglers can of worms - the kids love it. The worms like coffee grains and tea leaves but can't be bothered with onion! We have a cut out of carpet stuff to cover them over with in the winter to keep them warm - bless!

Ours are on concerte. The only thing I have found is that it's helpful to leave the tap open if we get prolonged, heavy rain as the worms have no boats or armbands!

There's a photo of ours here: http://flavormagazinevirginia.com/in-the-garden-wriggle-your-way-to-gold/

Kids are my own so no probs posting!:)

That is exactly the one we have:thumbsup: We had a guy from the council talking to us a couple of weeks ago about our new rubbish collections. He seemed completely shocked that we already had a wormery:rolleyes:

jane5
07-03-2011, 02:38 PM
[QUOTE=rachelle;884890]We've got the wiggly wigglers can of worms - the kids love it. The worms like coffee grains and tea leaves but can't be bothered with onion! We have a cut out of carpet stuff to cover them over with in the winter to keep them warm - bless!

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Do they have names?

rachelle
07-03-2011, 10:31 PM
not only that but the littlies have learning journals!

:laughing:

mushpea
08-03-2011, 06:58 AM
not forgetting suncream and sun hats when it gets hot:D