PDA

View Full Version : Cutting out laminates

Zoomie
05-03-2011, 02:37 PM
my laminator only works (ie doesn't crumple up) when i laminate full sheets.

then i need to cut them up sometimes (ie shapes), BUT the children then peel them apart, as they can pick at the edges.

what can i do to stop the children peeling the laminates i have cut up ??

mrsmaggy
05-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Mine used to crumple up if they weren't full but now I fold an A4 peice of paper around the top and slide laminate inbetween the fold iyswim and feed it through - works perfectly!!! :clapping:

Zoomie
05-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Mine used to crumple up if they weren't full but now I fold an A4 peice of paper around the top and slide laminate inbetween the fold iyswim and feed it through - works perfectly!!! :clapping:

i assume the a4 is the width of the sheet, but how long do you make it ?

mrsmaggy
05-03-2011, 03:44 PM
i assume the a4 is the width of the sheet, but how long do you make it ?

Just a regular a4 piece of paper folded in half then the top edge of the laminate I insert into the fold in the paper iyswim? just to help guide it through and stop the edges getting stuck and crumpling up

Zoomie
05-03-2011, 03:47 PM
just so i understand correctly, this piece of a4 paper is actually on the outside of the laminate, but you feed them threw together ??

Zoomie
05-03-2011, 03:48 PM

actually just re-read this and understand perfectly.

just need to do some serious cutting and buy some more laminate.

thank you

mrsmaggy
05-03-2011, 03:49 PM
actually just re-read this and understand perfectly.

just need to do some serious cutting and buy some more laminate.

thank you

No problem :thumbsup: