PDA

View Full Version : guinea pig help psz

nelly
05-03-2011, 08:36 AM
hi everyone, really could do with some help from any fellow guinea pig owners.the thing is i've never had any before and im to scared to pick them up,we've had them two weeks now, i can stroke them and they eat food out my hand which i do every day but im so scared in case they bite me. i know it makes me sound like a right wuss but they make me jump when i try to pick them.:blush:

any advice would be very appreciated (p.s there to boys called ronnie n reggy) thanks :blush:

miss mopple
05-03-2011, 08:42 AM
They are unlikely to bite, but if you are really worried hoow about wearing gloves while you build your confidence. I scoop mine up with 2 hands, one under and one over her and then cuddle her close while I get settled with her. She will happily sit on my lap and be stroked. You could try this and maybe sit it on a cushion.

Relax and the guinea will relax. They really are sweet pets :)

debratina
05-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Hi
Cool names :D
Just do as miss nipple as advised.
I was like you with my chickens I would pick them up
But I bit the bullet and just did it
Best thing I did
Good luck
Debra

miss mopple
05-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Mis nipple :eek: :laughing:

Think my husband would like that name :ROFL1:

JulieA
05-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Just scoop them up using two hands. Pop one hand under their bum to support their weight (if not they might scrabble as they don't feel safe, and their claws can be quite sharp) and the other over their back (makes them feel safer). With nervous children I put the piggy into a shallow box and place the box on their laps until they gain confidence.

debratina
05-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Sorry miss mopple I am writing on the iPad and it corrects every word it doesn't know.:blush:
Debra xxx

LOOPYLISA
05-03-2011, 10:01 AM
We do like miss nipple said :eek: :laughing: :clapping:

We had ours curled up next to us last night for over a hour :thumbsup:

Lovely pets :D

Newbie1!
05-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Im also with Miss Nipple :cool:

My piggy is very friendly but quite nervous when he first comes out. He loves a good cuddle when hes come around, he does nibble a bit sometimes but nothing that particularly hurts!! My dd (age 2) says hes trying to kiss her :rolleyes: