PDA

View Full Version : Inspection next week - help?!?

Helen79
04-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Just had the call to say they're coming some time next week, I'm trying not to panic too much :panic:

Just wanted to check about planning, I don't do any planning at the moment as the children I look after are 16months and 20months and we just make it up as we go a long really. We do craft activities that I think they're in the mood for that day and let them choose the toys they play with.
I do a learning journal but don't write down the next steps, because I only have 2 children it's all in my head and I'm always thinking of activities that are best suited to their needs.
I know I should have been writing all this stuff down, if I start doing planning for next week it's going to be obvious that I'm just doing it for my inspection.

Do ofsted expect me to be doing planning for this age group or am I worrying unnecessarily that I'm going to get marked down for not doing it?

Like this week, we didn't do anything for St David's day or Book day cos they're too little to understand.

Also when you review or re-write risk assessments do you keep copies of the old ones or get rid of them?

sarah707
04-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Ofsted want to see evidence of children progressing...

observations leading to assessment using the Eyfs as guidance leading to next steps leading to observations to see if it's working.

If you are doing it in your head then how do you share it with parents? Maybe you have sheets you share that you can use as evidence?

Good luck next week! :D

Pixie dust
04-03-2011, 07:28 PM
I have young ones too and do basic planning. How about writing your planning up at the end of each week? You are doing it in your head bot Ofsted can't see inside your head:laughing: :laughing: they will want to see the evidence.

Good luck x

Katiekoo
04-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Not been doing this long myself, but I would think that starting writing it down now would be fine. It shows that you develop your working practices - if they ask you why you only just started doing it this way you can say that you realised you needed more evidence.