PDA

View Full Version : Payment problems advice please

helendee
04-03-2011, 11:55 AM
I would be grateful for any input. I have been looking after a little boy for almost a year now and I know that the mum is always strapped for cash. This month she is already a week late in paying me and promised faithfully that the cash, £440 would be in my account today by the latest, needless to say it isn't!!!

My problem is that I am due to look after S again on monday and wonder whether I should until she has paid up? I don't want her running up even more of a debt with me. I have emailed and texted her today, all to no avail.

Many thanks

Helen x:angry:

marnieb
04-03-2011, 12:27 PM
No - you need to get tough with her.

her job pays her, so she should pay you. tell her that if she hasnt paid by Monday then not only will you withhold care for her lo, you'll start charging £15 a day in late fees!!

I'm sure she'll have the money then!! :D

AliceK
04-03-2011, 12:31 PM
It's all very well thinking that mum is strapped for cash but then aren't we all. I used to be too soft but now I'm the opposite, this is my business and my wages and I need them. I invoice parents in advance and have recently sent out a stern letter advising that I WILL charge late payment charges and suspend care of the children if invoices are not paid on time. Get tough, send out a letter and then stick to your guns. I bet she'll find the money soon enough then.

xxxxxxx

Blackcat
04-03-2011, 12:31 PM
I agree start getting tough
and introduce a late fee

caz3007
04-03-2011, 12:36 PM
I would hand deliver a letter to her today stating that you expect the money by monday morning in cash or you wont be looking after the LO and that you will be charging a late fee from that day onwards until payment received. She then has the weekend to get herself organised

flowerpots
04-03-2011, 12:47 PM
I would hand deliver a letter to her today stating that you expect the money by monday morning in cash or you wont be looking after the LO and that you will be charging a late fee from that day onwards until payment received. She then has the weekend to get herself organised

:thumbsup:
i agree, if she hasnt got you money then she may be able to borrow some over the weekend :rolleyes:

The Juggler
04-03-2011, 02:42 PM
I agree, tell her she needs to sort it and that please don't bring the child on Monday if she hasn't paid you before that or has the money with her on Monday.

Hope it gets sorted hon.:)

wendywu
04-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Sorry but i would not wait for Monday i would be wanting the money tomorrow. It is what is owed.

Dont let her run up any more debt by having the child on Monday if she has not paid you. :angry:

rickysmiths
04-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Sorry but i would not wait for Monday i would be wanting the money tomorrow. It is what is owed.

Dont let her run up any more debt by having the child on Monday if she has not paid you. :angry:

I agree, in my account by tomorrow or she has broken her contract with you so you are not insured to care for lo. Also if there is no contract in place you are breaking the terms of your Registration with Ofsted if you care for the child.