PDA

View Full Version : where do i start?? CONFUSED!!

littlebubbas
04-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi im new to this forum im very intrested in becoming a childminder i just dont no where to start , what do i do first ? any help anyone really appreciate it.

thanks Emma x:eek:

sarah707
04-03-2011, 01:26 PM
I have popped your post into the 'starting childminding' section of the forum.

If you have a browse through some of the threads in this section you will find lots of help and advice.

Good luck with it all :D

MummaFairy
04-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Hi,

I have only just started Child minding myself after being registered in the middle of Feb 11.
I won't lie there is more work than I ever anticipated but after 4 months I am happily working with some lovely mindees and I am able to stay at home to look after my own children.
The key thing to remember is that not all areas work the same so the best advice is to contact your local council and they will advise you from there.

Usually there is a series of short meetings which will provide you will a comprehensive guide of what will happen for you, followed by a first aid course and an in depth 30 hour course. (All of the courses will help you compile your paperwork and help you on your way to setting up your own business!)
Ofsted come to your house and do a pre registration visit.
Good luch with whatever you decide.:thumbsup:

Milli147
04-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi, assuming it's the same over the country, the first thing you will need to do is book yourself onto the half day introduction course. If you look on your local council website under childminding you should find it.
They will give you lots of information about what to do next, which will include an 18 hr ChIP course and 12 hr paediatric first aid.
Once that is completed you can send off all the forms to Ofsted - but just take it one step at a time!

Best of luck! :)