PDA

View Full Version : People who started minding this week, how has it gone?

Rmead
04-03-2011, 10:50 AM
I know there was a few of us, just wondered how you're all getting on? I'm grabbing a fast cuppa while my mindee and my own daughter are napping at same time, miraculous! I started Tuesday. It's been very tiring. I knew it would be but didn't expect quite so much! The two mindees have settled well, mum seems really pleased, they're eating and napping better here I think! We've had lots of fun. I've had my stroller break and the wheel fall off my double buggy both happened yesterday which was a bit disastrous, managed to fix the double but my single is dead :laughing: .

Hardest parts have been nursery run, getting 3 yr old, 20 month and 12 month in the back of the car is a right faff! Can barely reach to clip in all the car seats. And then the other difficulty is my own daughter who's 1 on Sunday, as she needs rocking to sleep normally for a nap but I just can't do that now so she's had to go in her rocking swing and she keeps screaming. We're going to try and get her self settling over the weekend and Mon/Tues when my husband is off. She's also been very unsettled at night and a bit bewildered by it all, didn't expect her to find it this hard but it's already getting better.

Hope it's been good for you all :clapping:

manjay
04-03-2011, 11:44 AM
It's not my first week but just wanted to say you sound like you have coped fab:thumbsup: It is quite often tough with new children so if you have a few starting at the same time plus your own dd to come to terms with the new children in her house then it can be very tiring. It does get easier though (maybe only a little:rolleyes: )

Good luck next week xx

Blackcat
04-03-2011, 11:53 AM
it's been fab

gingerella
04-03-2011, 12:00 PM
It's been fab for me.

I feel so lucky to be doing this - every day is a challenge in a great way. :)

My son has been teething and a little grizzley at night but he loves the fact he's got a 5 year old new friend he can imitate every week night!

mrs_scottydog
04-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Glad to hear that you're getting on well, sounds like you've got your hands full too! I found the first couple of weeks tiring, but it does get better. Hx

dolly daycare
04-03-2011, 12:05 PM
It's been great and lots of fun had by all :)

Just wish I had done this years ago!

Hope everyone else has had a fun week too :thumbsup:

Faye1980
21-03-2011, 01:12 PM
i started my first full week today after my settling in session. I am looking after a set of twin girls....soo sooo cute! Settling in sessions where fine, we had a few tears from one of the girls but only a few mins. Although today when she was dropped off she screamed for England for about 30 mins untill she fell asleep...do you think she will be ok with me? has anyone got any tips? thanx

JumpingJacks
23-03-2011, 07:32 PM
This is my second week minding after 3 days last week, and I have to say it has been great. I have two lovely mindees and a friendly relationship with mum. All is looking good, now to start planning :( lol

Glad you seem to be coping well, you certainly have your hands full :)

Jackie x