PDA

View Full Version : got tough and made money!

mushpea
04-03-2011, 07:02 AM
I am so fed up with the mindees not respecting and looking after toys that each time I see they are miss treating toys I take them away and stick em on ebay,,,I dont nomaly tell them I am doing this but last night one of the girls saw me laying out some of the toys , it was alice mouse with lots of clothes,,, she said'oh lots of nice cloths to put on the doll' i said yes but you cant play with them as I am taking a picture of them to sell,, she asked why and i replied, because they are not played with properly,, the clothes get chucked around the room, the dolls left out and stood on and clothes shoved in toy bags so roughly that some of the dresses have split.
her face was a picture,, she is 5yrs and one of the culprits,,, I am now thinking that maybe I should tell the others that I will sell mores stuff if they cant play nicley with it.
there are 3 main culprits who wreck toys and rip books and I am so fedup with it,,,I have stopped replacing stuff now too,, they are down to one pram as they broke the other two, now each time they fight over it I remind them of why there is only one pram
anyway sold the dolls on ebay for £10 which will go towards some stuff that the littlys can play with and not the older ones.

Mrs Pootle
04-03-2011, 07:48 AM
I think you are right to get tough if the children are damaging the toys. I will not have any child deliberately ruining the resources I provide. The children all know that toys must be put away propery before they can get something else out, which minimises the chance of lost peices or things getting stood on accidently.
I would tell all the children that if the toys are not looked after that they will be taken away. I certainly wouldn't just remove them and not say anything as the children may not realise the toys have gone, and therefore haven't appreciated that there are consequences to their actions. :)

mrs robbie williams
04-03-2011, 07:48 AM
good for you :clapping: :clapping:

jumpinjen
04-03-2011, 07:50 AM
I think you should tell them what you are doing as otherwise you will have sold everything then what will you give any new mindees to play with??!!

I would be removing things too, although possibly not selling as takes me ages to find good resources that I like!!

Jenni x

wendywu
04-03-2011, 07:56 AM
I have toys that i put away before the older children come home from school.

It annoys me as well, i do not buy expensive or new toys for the older ones, if it came from a charity shop or a jumble sale or Wilko i dont get upset when it gets broken and i have to throw it away.:mad:

Pipsqueak
04-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Ditto - although I don't sell the items i just remove and not allow them to play with the toys.

Think you should be telling all of them though

caz3007
04-03-2011, 12:14 PM
I have bought several toys lately from ebay for the small ones, but they are put away before the older after schoolies come, 10+ as they would play with them and break them. These didnt cost me much, but the small ones like them