PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes parents really pull through for ya

Tatia
22-04-2008, 08:11 AM
This is probably not the biggest deal in the world but it's made me appreciate my mindee families all the more today and since I always complain when I have issues, I felt it only fair that I compliment them, too.:D

My two before school mindees are here before my DD wakes up. Well, she woke feeling none too great. She was headachy but quickly went downhill and developed a temperature. She asked to stay home from nursery today which is not like her so I know she is feeling poorly! Anyway, there's no way parents can get back to me in time (working in London) so I figured I'd just make the morning school run and call everyone and tell them I can't pick up today (3 sets of parents). They were all totally fine and symapthetic with it and said yes, no trouble, they'll leave work early to collect their children and hope sincerely that Seri starts feeling better. One even went so far as to say "Tatia, I know you love my son but at the end of the day, I understand you have to put Seri first". :) I also have 3 children wo arrive by taxi and their parents are going to meet the taxis here as it's too late to cancel where they're going this afternoon. And the two lo's parents were equally great.

I feel bad about letting people down but then, I don't think I've ever had to cancel before. I've just got really good parents!

angeldelight
22-04-2008, 08:12 AM
That is nice and understanding of them all

Hope your daughter is ok and gets well soon

Angel xx

Polly2
22-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Thats great!

It's nice to here about good parents - shows its not all bad :thumbsup:

Hope your daughter better soon x

jaja
22-04-2008, 09:24 AM
why carnt all parents be like that!!!!! xx

Blaze
22-04-2008, 09:31 AM
As above...I wish all parents were like that!
Blaze:)

Pipsqueak
22-04-2008, 09:39 AM
:clapping: Yay for your sets of parents Tatia.

Proves there are some great ones out there and well done you for saying so.

Hope Seri feels better soon

xx

sarah707
22-04-2008, 09:44 AM
You are very lucky!

I hope Seri feels better very soon...maybe a duvet day will set her right. :D

emler
22-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Hope Seri feels better very soon

Emler x

Tatia
22-04-2008, 01:48 PM
I think she has allergies. It didn't occur to me before but it makes sense. She's still feeling a bit under the weather but a restful day on the sofa has helped restore her somewhat. I can always tell when she's not well because she's not up making mischief.:) Bless her little heart.

Rubybubbles
22-04-2008, 03:44 PM
hope she feels better soon, my dd is off pre-school today feeling rough and was sick at 5am yawn!!

My parents were lovely about it too, it makes all the difference some days:thumbsup:

breezy
22-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Hope your daughter feels better.
It's great to hear good things about parents!:)

cherry
22-04-2008, 04:17 PM
What lovely parents you have, hope Seri feels better soon

Kelly
22-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Wow, I know my parents wouldn't be so accommodating! Wouldn't it be nice if we all had parents like yours!!!

Kelly

hello kitty
22-04-2008, 05:12 PM
I hope your dd feels better soon.

My parents at the moment are great - I even had one set take me and my husband out for a Thai meal on Sat night to thank me for caring for her lo. She said she feels totally confident with her in my care and can concentrate on her work totally.

Now that's nice. :)

teacake2
22-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Hope your little one is getting better. I had to cancel my mindees Thursday and Friday last week because I had the dreadded sickness bug, caught from one of the mindees being sent and parent not being honest about. I was really ill with it and most of the parents know that if I have to cancel I must be quite poorly, but one of them made comments that it couldn't possibly be that bad. Anyway low and behold that parent got the bug on Monday and said that he realised now how I must have been feeling and that there was no way he could go to work because he felt so ill.

At least I had some comfort knowing that he was having to go through the same (and yes it was his child who passed it on).
Teacake2:angry: :angry: :angry:

crazybones
23-04-2008, 06:15 AM
Hope your little one is getting better. I had to cancel my mindees Thursday and Friday last week because I had the dreadded sickness bug, caught from one of the mindees being sent and parent not being honest about. I was really ill with it and most of the parents know that if I have to cancel I must be quite poorly, but one of them made comments that it couldn't possibly be that bad. Anyway low and behold that parent got the bug on Monday and said that he realised now how I must have been feeling and that there was no way he could go to work because he felt so ill.

At least I had some comfort knowing that he was having to go through the same (and yes it was his child who passed it on).
Teacake2:angry: :angry: :angry:

At least justice was done and he caught it too:(